Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: parcel monkey - avoid at all costs
rayward

posted on 20/12/10 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
parcel monkey - avoid at all costs

have used parcel monkey twice now, first time non collection by the courier so rebooked and then was ok,,,,

gave them the benefit of the doubt and used them again, currently waiting for the 3rd rebooked colelction on this one, and doesn;t look like its going to happen today either...

city link are not taking any calls, so i can;t actually speak to anyone to find out if it really is planned for today or not, parcel monkey are email contact only and take a day to respond

think i'll steer well clear of them in future

anyone else had problems?, or am i just unlucky ????

blakep82

posted on 20/12/10 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
unlikely to be parcel monkey's mistake. more likely to be the courier if they're not collecting, and if city link aren't answetring calls, i think that kinda confirms it to me. sounds like their pretty much closed due to the weather. obviously i don't know what the weathers like near you or the depot, but parcel monkey are just a broker type agency. i imagine if you went direct to city link, they still won't be collecting

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 20/12/10 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
When did you make the booking?

If it's been just before or during this cold snap, then it's not Parcel Monkeys fault... none of the courier co's have caught up with the backlog and you're probably looking at January before it sorts itself out!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 20/12/10 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
^ yep, look at this
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=147680

althoiugh to be fair, you're right, they shouldn't be booking it if its never going to happen

[Edited on 20/12/10 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Steve Hignett

posted on 20/12/10 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's area dependant too, as we use parcel monkey at work from the last couple months and have NEVER not delivered next day! We send between 5 and 20 things a week. But McLannahan off of here has sent me something (after cold snap) and it's still not here 4 days later!

matt_gsxr

posted on 20/12/10 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
City Link are rubbish.

For Oxford they have a depot in Aylesbury (not even a city).

pekwah1

posted on 20/12/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
just to balance, i've used parcel monkey loads of times, always opted for the cheapest service and have never been let down yet. Think your problems are probably down to the weather.....
ahunt

posted on 20/12/10 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Had edsactly the same problem with pacrels2go which was couriered with Hermes. Took 3 weeks to get a radiater that i needed urgently as my car was off the road. Turned out to be the weathers fault. But i could never get through or get a word out of parcels2go. called them used there BOLLOKS web help chat thing no one ever responded. same with the phone call.

Car 90% complete!!!

MikeFellows

posted on 20/12/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I would be more tempted to say its the individual couriers

your calling city link, we renamed them shitty link where I used to work they where so bad.

[Edited on 20/12/10 by MikeFellows]

Jasongray5

posted on 20/12/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used them loads of times, never let me down once!
Found it easier to deal with than citylink or TNT to be honest?

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.