Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: photographs ?
nick-york

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
photographs ?

what of and when do i need photos of my build ? I understand i need to prove it is being built by me and not a business for financial gain or something like that. Also i understand i need to photograph the lower harness mountings for iva to see how strong they are. Also for an age related plate i understand i need to show that some parts come from the same doner car. Are photo s proof ? The thing is i don t want to do loads of work on the build only to discover i should of taken photos of some stuff earlier in the build and have to take it all to pieces again!If anything i ve said is incorrect let me know and i could probably do with a list maybe of say the most important things to take photos of please ? and any help and advice would be much appreciated .
norm007

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick.

Sorry I can`t help with answers to your questions as mine was already SVA`d when I bought it.

But I would be able to help with a pair of hands/tools/mig welder etc, when you get started???

Whereabouts in York are you?

Regards,
Norm

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReMan

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
AFAIk ther is no specific requirement for pitures
However they may be useful at IVA to show setbelt mounts for instance, where access would require stripping the vehicle!
As far as age related there are many posts on her, a recent one below, still no photo's
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=147299

nick-york

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Norm . Thanks for that . Im just outside York near Stamford Bridge .u2u
norm007

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
U2U replied to

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snapper

posted on 26/12/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
The V5 and VIN plates from the donor are good enough to prove where you got the important parts.
Photograph of chassis when you get it, some of the parts bolted to it and some of the car finished, photos with you in at different stages of the build.
You don't have to go mad just enough to prove without a doubt that you built it.
For DVLA you will need receipts for all the major bits, the reciept for the donor covers most as does the V5 but they like to have proof of a good few bits.
These are the things that are not easy to get late in the build.
I started a folder with plastic slip sleeves and put receipts and photos in on a regular basis throughout the build

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

RazMan

posted on 26/12/10 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Pictures are usually taken of items which confirm that correct standards have been maintained during the build. I took pictures of my central service tunnel showing brake pipes and loom held in place with proper P clips, and the handbrake connections & pivots. Showing the SVA tester during the test would have meant a lot of time stripping the seats out and removing panels.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 26/12/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/AB%20Declaration%20Revised%20June%2006.pdf

Not a "specific " requirement, only needed if it looks dodgy

panichat

posted on 26/12/10 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
but...

...it's nice to have photos of how your car developed, and you can post them on this forum from time to time to let everyone know how it's going.
There were a number of occasions when looking at photos of other people's builds helped my solve problems with my build or gave me a few ideas.
If they make the IVA process a bit easier as well that's a bonus.
Dave

interestedparty

posted on 26/12/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Also it's good as the car gets built up to have pictures taken in a domestic setting. Later on (maybe not at the chassis stage) they will be looking for evidence that the car is not professionally built, so pictures of kids sitting in it, dogs and cats inspecting the work, all that sot of thing helps and can be borrowed from neighbours if need be.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

nick-york

posted on 26/12/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
thanks

Thanks again everyone . All the information i need to know . cheers !

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.