Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cinquecento / Seicento steering rack with sierra or mx5 uprights.
sippingdiesel

posted on 27/12/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Cinquecento / Seicento steering rack with sierra or mx5 uprights.

Im looking at building a bec middy single seater (offroad)

the Cinquecento/Seicento stearing rack really lends itself sizewise, but has anyone used this rack with sierra or mx 5 uprights?

I would be interested in understanding which track rods/ends people use with this rack and their uprights.

Many Thanks in advance

NS Dev

posted on 27/12/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
worst case use rose joints, dont' worry too much, if the rack is the right size and ratio then use it.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

l0rd

posted on 27/12/10 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
if you are interested i have for sale a set of mx5 uprights and a manual steering rack and some mazda u-joints.

[Edited on 27/12/10 by l0rd]

russbost

posted on 28/12/10 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I use this rack on the Furore, you will certainly need some form of extensions/converters as it is such a short rack (the Fiat track rod ends are really long!) I get extensions machined with the Fiat thread at the inboard end & Toyota thread at the outboard end as we use the track rod ends from the donor MR2.

If you are lucky the Fiat TRE's just might be long enough & have the same taper as either Sierra or Mazda steering arm, alternatively, if the Mazda/Sierra steering arm is the same as Toyota MR2 TRE taper then I could do you a set of suitable extensions from stock.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.