Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: in tank fuel pump with integrated swirl pot
joscorstjens

posted on 27/12/10 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
in tank fuel pump with integrated swirl pot

What is the experience with the Webcon WPF096 in tank fuel pump (with integrated swirlpot)?

Does it deliver enough pressure (350 kpa) for an injected pinto?

Do I need to add an additional 'cavity' in the bottom-side of the fuel tank or can I just mount it?

franky

posted on 27/12/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like an expensive copy of a e36 bmw fuel pump.... just buy one of these instead....

new..

BMW E36 3 SERIES FUEL PUMP + SENDER UNIT 91>' 183BM0090 on eBay (end time 11-Jan-11 11:56:25 GMT)

Used

BMW E36 M3 3.0 fuel pump 316 318 320 323 328 318is on eBay (end time 06-Jan-11 21:34:31 GMT)

you can buy two as they act like a twin pickup, there's a pipe between the pump and another pickup, so even during fuel surge you'll still get fuel(one either side of the tank). also if you'll still get a stable fuel level reading. buying both used would cost about £45.

Davegtst

posted on 27/12/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
BMW's usually have their swirl pots as part of the tank. Have a look at a golf or passat pump. These have integrated swirl pots just like the webcon one and can be found very cheaply. How are you planning to mount it though? These type of pumps have a screw on locking ring that screws into a thread on the top of the tank.
MikeR

posted on 27/12/10 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Rover EFI pumps from the mid 90's are nicely integrated and include a fuel level sender.
Chippy

posted on 27/12/10 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted one of these from Ebay, fine if you have the depth to mount it, they are adjustable for height. Feeds my 2.9 V6 so a Pinto would be no problem. The one attached is just an example. Cheers Ray
Fuel Pump & Sender Range Rover vgc PRC9409 & ESR1901 on eBay (end time 22-Jan-11 17:17:05 GMT)

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

RazMan

posted on 27/12/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
I fitted one of these from Ebay, fine if you have the depth to mount it, they are adjustable for height. Feeds my 2.9 V6 so a Pinto would be no problem. The one attached is just an example. Cheers Ray
Fuel Pump & Sender Range Rover vgc PRC9409 & ESR1901 on eBay (end time 22-Jan-11 17:17:05 GMT)

I fitted one too - 5 years on and still going strong

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.