Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oil Temperature Sender
IainL

posted on 28/12/10 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Oil Temperature Sender

Just got a new ETB Digidash and just started to look at how to wire it up.

I also purchased the remote oil pressure mounting kit which comprises of a braided hose with a small brass adaptor fitted to one end and also a hexagonal block with a male thd port one end, a female thread port the 2nd end with a brass plug in and a threaded female port on 1 of the flats.

The photo below shows how I think it all connects up and the third port (which had the plug in) can be used for the oil temperature sender.

Am I correct?

Description
Description

[Edited on 28/12/10 by IainL]

[Edited on 28/12/10 by IainL]

snapper

posted on 28/12/10 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Looks ok to me, if you have any issues with the pressure sender working you may need to earth the body, I had similar problems with an oil temp sender and a remote take off adaptor that wa effectively isolated due to the rubber pipes

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

RazMan

posted on 28/12/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
I think your oil temp sender will give misleading (cooler) readings taking it so far away ftom the engine. Probably better to mount the tee adaptor on the engine and then the hose goes up to the pressure gauge.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
noc231073

posted on 28/12/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
" think your oil temp sender will give misleading (cooler) readings taking it so far away ftom the engine. Probably better to mount the tee adaptor on the engine and then the hose goes up to the pressure gauge. "

its not a temp sensor its pressure and it remote due to the vibration of a bike engine causing the sensor to fail that why it mounted away from the engine.....

it looks good to me ....

RazMan

posted on 28/12/10 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Have I misunderstood the pic? The hose comes from the engine to a tee connector. The pressure sender and temp sender both screw into the tee. The pressure will be fine but the temp sender (the third port) will be too far away from the engine to be accurate as there will be no oil flowing up there - I would mount it on the engine if possible

[Edited on 28-12-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macbeast

posted on 28/12/10 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have a T like that and it's one side of the arm to the oil pressure gauge sender and the other is oil pressure switch - switch giving pressure alarm much faster than the gauge.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

BobM

posted on 29/12/10 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
As Raz points out the oil pressure sender will work fine at the end of the remote hose but it's too far from the engine for a temp sender - there will be no flow of oil down the hose. The ETB supplied pressure sender has two terminals on it, one supplies the oil pressure gauge, the other is the low oil pressure warning switch so no need for a separate switch. The body the sender screws in to also has a screw for an earth wire.

Options for oil temperature are to drill and tap a hole in the sump pan, screw an adapter into one of the oil galleries (there is usually a spare plug) etc. I've drilled and tapped my oil cooler take off adapter on my ZX10 install. On my Busa I have a threaded boss welded into the dry sump tank.

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.