Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peugeot 106 3 stud ATE brake caliper pad pins
Killer

posted on 8/1/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Peugeot 106 3 stud ATE brake caliper pad pins

Hi, had a look at my lads brakes today and the pad pins are seized in placed, any idea where I can get some more?

I understand that they are £18 from a stealer, would prefer not to have my pants taken down if possible.

Cant really go near them with fire as the piston seal is too close, want to get some replacements before so I know what I'm up against if I have to resort to drilling them out

Any ideas, cheers.

Rich

mcerd1

posted on 8/1/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
you get them as a 'fitting kit' from just about anywhere that sells the pads (ferrodo, brebo....) - used to cost me about £6 a set (a set has 4 pins and the two anti-rattle spring thingys)

any decent motorfactors or even halfords should have them

I used to try and save them, but its was a real PITA to get them out at all never mind in god enough condition to re-ues them
so in the end I just got new pins every time and used bolt cutters to cut the old ones out - back then I could do a set of front pads on the 106 in 15min - I went through alot of pads! (ask Mango...)

they have a tappered end to them so you can only use a very small punch to get them out and they always seize
you can't really drill them without wrecking the caliper either

as far as I could work out the main reason they don't want to come out is the pads twist a bit and jam them, but also the spring colar thing that stops them falling out
send us a u2u if your having trouble and I'll give you my number

[Edited on 8/1/2011 by mcerd1]

-

mcerd1

posted on 8/1/11 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
euro car parts linky

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.