Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2GETHER INS
jacko

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
2GETHER INS

Hi all i have just looked at 2Gether ins profile and they have not been on here since 24.5.10
has something happened to that company ?
not been on here for 7 months

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tul214

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think so, I spoke to them last week

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

prawnabie

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Probably because there has been no ranting about them for a while. Might be a good thing?
jacko

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thats ok then as i am with them for the Indy
Have you got another car ?
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tul214

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Jacko...no he sent me a renewal for the Tiger so I rang him to tell him it had gone.

I keep looking at TVR's

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

jacko

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Mark
There was a nice one on here not long back £8000 i think it was

jacko

posted on 9/1/11 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=148070
There you go

coozer

posted on 9/1/11 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Not good IMO...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=139851

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

designer

posted on 9/1/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I use them, good price, brilliant recover included and used. Overall no complaints.
stevec

posted on 9/1/11 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just renewed with them on the Indy. £95 fully comp, Parts only
lotusmadandy

posted on 9/1/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for 2gether,£78 for the indy fully comp.

Andy

jacko

posted on 9/1/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotusmadandy
Another vote for 2gether,£78 for the indy fully comp.

Andy

How old are you to get it at that price ?

ravingfool

posted on 9/1/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
After seeing all the advertising on here I tried 2gether when I was ringing round for tintop insurance - (went from an mx5 to an rx8) - they are just a broker after all but it was shortly before my 25th birthday and as soon as I told them my age they weren't interested at all. No idea if that changes at 25, they didn't seem interested in my custom, won't bother giving them a ring next November when I renew.

Davey D

posted on 1/3/11 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
I called 2Gether yesterday about a renewal on my tintop to see if they could beat my renewal quote from my current insurers (A-Plan) who i have been with for years as every year they have managed to get me the best price out of anywhere i have tried for my tintops. Been with them about 6 years on my main run around.

Im 31, and the car is a diesel astra estate, worth around £3k so nothing fancy. renewal came through at £339.

called 2Gether and the chap didnt seem too interested. while taking my details he tried arguing the toss with me that the 10k miles i asked for was a lot of miles?!? and was i really sure that i was going to do that many?!?... i was under the impression that 12-15k was about the national average, and ive always insured my car for 10k miles... who cares if i was to do less mileage than that anyway? Id rather insure it for more miles than im going to do than less, and have any issues should i go over my alloted amount of miles

He then tried to make out that i probably didnt have protected NCB, or i didnt have legal cover etc, which i then read him out all the details of my proposed renewal which said that i did have them

He went away to enter all the details/ get the premium price, came back, and just said nah we cant match that, and seemed even less interested like he wanted to get me off the phone... so i asked go on then.. how much can you get it to? he said its in the £400+, and that i had probarbly been mis-quoted by A-Plan

So i proceeded to call A-Plan to check all the details, and they said yep its all fine. Thought id ask about adding my wife to it, and it knocked it down to about £270

When it comes round to insureance of the VortX this year i WILL be shopping around to move it away from 2Gether

My wife has her car with 2Gether, and i WILL be helping her shop around to get it away from them!

A bit of polite customer service costs a company little/nothing to implement, but can lose them a lot of money if they dont!

franky

posted on 1/3/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I rang them for a quote, got asked the same questions about 4 times each as every time the guy on the phone blinked he seemed to forget what he'd asked me, he kept putting me on hold after every question and didn't sound very professional at all.

Even if they were the cheapest with their complete lack of professionalism there's no way I'd have my insurance with them.

flak monkey

posted on 1/3/11 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
They were fine for me on the GTS, £150 parts only but werent interested in insuring my modified Leon, wanted nearly double the price of elsewhere.

But then it all depends what market you are focussing on.

Wierd, but there you go.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

owelly

posted on 1/3/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Just hold on a minute folks! All these bods that are recommending 2gether, or saying they've had no problems etc, have you had to 'use' them yet? Have you tried to make a claim? I had a lot of trouble with them when I tried to get them to correct the policy they sent me. Lots of the details were wrong and they told me 'don't worry, it won't make any difference to your cover...' and all that sort of stuff. When I did manage to get them to put the correct details on, they wanted to charge me an extra £40 because they'd 'had to change the underwriter because of the changes I wanted to make'. WTF?? It was them who got it wrong in the first place!!

Having good service is easy when they're taking your money, but then it would be, wouldn't it?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

franky

posted on 1/3/11 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Just hold on a minute folks! All these bods that are recommending 2gether, or saying they've had no problems etc, have you had to 'use' them yet? Have you tried to make a claim? I had a lot of trouble with them when I tried to get them to correct the policy they sent me. Lots of the details were wrong and they told me 'don't worry, it won't make any difference to your cover...' and all that sort of stuff. When I did manage to get them to put the correct details on, they wanted to charge me an extra £40 because they'd 'had to change the underwriter because of the changes I wanted to make'. WTF?? It was them who got it wrong in the first place!!

Having good service is easy when they're taking your money, but then it would be, wouldn't it?

This is what i'd be worried about with their lack of professionalism on the phone.

Jumpy Guy

posted on 3/3/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
For whats its worth, I had insurance with them, and they had the address that the car was stored at wrong.

I phoned three times, sent two emails explaining their error, and didnt get any new documents

When I then phoned and asked, i was told - 'the address wont make any difference anyway', which I really didnt believe

They then checked, and denied any previous correspondence to tell them of the mistake

So i sent them a letter recorded delivery, with the new details

Still dont have any response, so not impressed at all.....

Hellfire

posted on 3/3/11 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
They're only a broker and when I tried them for a quote, they gave me a price for a parts only policy. A fully comprehensive policy from the same insurance company (different broker - Adrian Flux) was cheaper. Needless to say we stayed with Adrian Flux.

Phil

Steve Hignett

posted on 3/3/11 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpy Guy
For whats its worth, I had insurance with them, and they had the address that the car was stored at wrong.

I phoned three times, sent two emails explaining their error, and didnt get any new documents

When I then phoned and asked, i was told - 'the address wont make any difference anyway', which I really didnt believe

They then checked, and denied any previous correspondence to tell them of the mistake

So i sent them a letter recorded delivery, with the new details

Still dont have any response, so not impressed at all.....

This post and the ones above it are why I think they are a complete joke...

I had no end of trouble with getting the correct details and they also tried to charge me for that aswell (3x charges, because they got the corrections wrong 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As for general customer service or even manners, once again a joke. Was called a liar by the owner! :O

I nearly told him where to go on the phone, and I rarely lose my temper over the phone. And he still didn't do what he promised. Complete pisstakers...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.