Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oil industry & Plumbers
craig_007

posted on 17/1/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Oil industry & Plumbers

Thinking about a career change and would love to get into the oil industry preferably on-shore as not overly keen on the survival course for one reason or another !!

I'm a timed served plumber of 14 years and just wondered if anyone on here would know what options would be open to me ?

Thanks

StrikerChris

posted on 17/1/11 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Think the website oilandgas jobs or something like that will give you an idea whats out there.i personally think you'll struggle tho if your not industry based.people i know have had to give up good industry based jobs to go contracting,sometimes working 12hrs for 3months solid,sometimes 2 days work in 6 month to get their foot in the door.it is a clicky area where your reputation and factory/site passport gets you along.the money's in the offshore work but they really make you work for it,you start at the bottom regardless of your background,and hour for hour,ie,no weekends,bankholidays etc you have to be a couple of levels up before your winning on a decent factory day rate.Good luck though.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig_007

posted on 17/1/11 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that mate,

I'll go have a look at that site and see what the story is.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.