Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GBS Zero in BEC set up
Hammy360

posted on 20/1/11 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
GBS Zero in BEC set up

has anyone built a BEC version of the GBS zero?
marcjagman

posted on 20/1/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think anyone would want to, to be honest.
franky

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Don't see why not? They're smaller than car engines!
Hammy360

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman

whys that mate, am I being stupid or missing something?

wylliezx9r

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
It's the same as putting a bike engine in any other kit mate. The only difference you'll probably have to fabricate your own engine cradle as there probably isn't one off the shelf. But don't be put off by that, its not hard and I'm an electrician :-) I'm putting a zx9r in a Haynes chassis which was designed for a pinto ! Almost any engine chassis combination is possible with the correct planning and a lot of patience, I have seen a v8 in the front of a mini !

All the best with your build ,Dan

[Edited on 20/1/11 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

femster87

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Don't Agree TBH. There is no difference to putting it into any other kit car. Speak to Richard mate, He would sort you out with a cradle for the engine.

AndyW

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
quote:

whys that mate, am I being stupid or missing something?

There is still a cetain inability for some to accept that GBS make a quite decent car now. People still think of the old Robin hood. They have come a long way with the Zero and that Im affraid some people cant seem to accept.

snapper

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
It still worries me that people will still make sweeping comments without even having looked at the car in question.
Put a Zero chassis next to a locost, Haynes or many of the main kit manufacturers and I would suspect most could not tell the difference.
Build a kit car, any kit car and you will have my respect.
The Zero is a good car

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

big_l

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
I can say I have seen the zero many times and it keeps getting better each time the chasis they had on display at the Autosport show looked very racey indeed.
There also a good company to deal with aswell defo on the up !!!

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

Hammy360

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
well thats a shame cos my experience is that it is far removed from the old Hood! Thanks for the other comments I dropped a line to Richard. PS those in any doubt about GBS should really take a trip to their premises and meet the team and take a look around.... does anyone else remember the days when Westfield showed up and the word was 'its already being done, theyll never make it'..........................................
Hammy360

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
For the ante-GBS,
I was originally put off GBS as I knew my dads opinion of RH (20 yrs ago I think) however having visited them and ordered my 2468 Im very confident. Im planning Zetec but wanted to explore BEC options so had a question which I thought the forum was for. Ive been a Lotus fan from childhood and have owned a couple of Elises and also TVR's, M3's & Porsche. Ive always wanted a seven and if people bothered to read the history of the seven and chapmans idea they would realise that the concept is the same with all the kits and his idea was that it was something you could build and enjoy. Sod the snobs, my everyday drive would make most of them envious. For me these cars are about passion and very personal so no ones car should be insulted. Caterham, Westfield, GBS, MK, MNR, Sylva or whoever it may be are all inspired interpretations of Chapmans dream, its a just a shame that his attitude & spirit arent mirrored by some here. So I think I'll stick to make specific forums.

I only asked a polite question..............

Hammy360

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

my question would suggest they would..............

loggyboy

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
They'l need to prove track predigree IMO to shed the current preconceptions left after the old 2B chassis RH's.
Miks15

posted on 21/1/11 at 02:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
For the ante-GBS,
I was originally put off GBS as I knew my dads opinion of RH (20 yrs ago I think) however having visited them and ordered my 2468 Im very confident. Im planning Zetec but wanted to explore BEC options so had a question which I thought the forum was for. Ive been a Lotus fan from childhood and have owned a couple of Elises and also TVR's, M3's & Porsche. Ive always wanted a seven and if people bothered to read the history of the seven and chapmans idea they would realise that the concept is the same with all the kits and his idea was that it was something you could build and enjoy. Sod the snobs, my everyday drive would make most of them envious. For me these cars are about passion and very personal so no ones car should be insulted. Caterham, Westfield, GBS, MK, MNR, Sylva or whoever it may be are all inspired interpretations of Chapmans dream, its a just a shame that his attitude & spirit arent mirrored by some here. So I think I'll stick to make specific forums.

Dont leave because of one comment on your thread, it would be a shame.
This forum has helped me more than any other forum ive ventured to. Not just car wise (check my enthalpy thread ha )

You will be suprised by the amount of knowledge shared between everyone on here.

interestedparty

posted on 21/1/11 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
For the ante-GBS,

ONE negative comment amongst several positive ones and you write a post like that????????????

Do you work for RH or something?

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Hammy360

posted on 21/1/11 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Lol, no mate I just don't get the snobbery or unconstructive comments
whitestu

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I've no experince of it but the Zero looks good, and I can't see why it would be less suitable for a bike engine than the rest.

Stu

40inches

posted on 21/1/11 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

ONE nonconstructive comment does not make all of us snobs Ignore any twatish comments
and focus on the constructive ones. I am a member of a few forums(including RHOCAR, I built a 2B) and this is by
far the best.

brookie

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
i was going to get the RH m8 i looked at it last year at one of the shows and thought the kit u got for the price was very good but i got an mk already done lol
Hammy360

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

ONE nonconstructive comment does not make all of us snobs Ignore any twatish comments
and focus on the constructive ones. I am a member of a few forums(including RHOCAR, I built a 2B) and this is by
far the best.

Wise words mate cheers

procomp

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Go and speak to GBS. As things currently stand they have a far better product to offer than both MNR and MK.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

Go and speak to GBS. As things currently stand they have a far better product to offer than both MNR and MK.

Cheers Matt

Praise doesn't come much higher than that!

40inches

posted on 21/1/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Hi

Cheers Matt

Your not kidding

loggyboy

posted on 21/1/11 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Hi

Cheers Matt

But thats like someone at Toyota saying Vauxhall is better than Ford and Nissan... who do you trust?! lol

40inches

posted on 21/1/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
quote:
Hi

Cheers Matt

But thats like someone at Toyota saying Vauxhall is better than Ford and Nissan... who do you trust?! lol

Toyota!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.