Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Excellent CCTV system, sends video to smart phones
nitram38

posted on 1/2/11 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent CCTV system, sends video to smart phones

I just bought this and fitted it in my house.
It costs £399 but if you subscribe to maplins online (free) they give you a voucher code for £25 off.
Comes with 3 external cameras and one internal plus wiring for each camera. You will need a monitor or you can use your web browser on your home network to access the dvr.

What is cool about this system is that you can have it set to send your smart phone (I have iphone) a notification when someone goes into an area and then allows you to play a video showing who it is. Another feature is flow control. It actually counts people in and out of a door way or sets up a security "fence" to alert you to an intruder.
The only arse ache was setting up the ip stuff and sorting out my bt hub to allow the dvr to work. Also a free dyndns.com account required (all explained in the instructions).
I can now log in via my iphone and see live video on 4 cameras or recall event triggers and playback on my phone.
Well worth the money.

[Edited on 1/2/2011 by nitram38]

chrisxr2

posted on 1/2/11 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm

hmmm sounds like a good idea,be interested as to any limitations with viewing the footage on a mobile eg no 3.5 g signal or what have you.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

nitram38

posted on 1/2/11 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit it works faster on wireless but it still works on 3G

laptoprob

posted on 3/2/11 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Whats the picture like in the dark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

MikeR

posted on 3/2/11 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Are the recorded images usable by the courts?

I've heard that images have to be to a certain format / standard (to prove they're not tampered with).

nitram38

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Pictures in the dark are good and the led's range is about 15m.
They seem to be sony ccd cameras, colour in daylight, black and white via led's.
You can buy other cameras which auto zoom and do face tracking or fit ptz cameras that you can control directly from your iphone.
Not sure about the legal size stuff, but my old dvr was used in a court case by police and it was only another maplins jobbie.
My old dvr is up for sale if anyone wants it. £75.
It's 4 channel and has a hardrive capable of around 6 months saving but doesn't have the iphone capability. It
can be connected to a PC or just to a monitor

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.