Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear Racism
T66

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Top Gear Racism

Well doesnt this just sum up British Law ! Another futile pointless case, brought to court by someone exploiting a no win no fee basis...

Only people to win are the barristers, only losers are the British taxpayers who have to buy a TV licence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/8300046/Top-Gear-faces-racism-test-case-following-Mexico-comments.html

prawnabie

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
They must of budgeted for this as it is obvious by airing the show this would be the outcome.
Ivan

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Another case of political correctness gone crazy - do they really think that anything those three say has any credibility whatsoever?

Its only a comedy show with some nice cars after all.

scootz

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
What surprises me most is that the animal rights groups haven't had a go at them for harassing the sheep using motorbikes...

It's Evolution Baby!

Confused but excited.

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Have you noticed it's only caucasians that are accused of racism?
Do any of you object to being called 'a Brit', or object to being described as having a stiff upper lip?
I wish those Belgian kiddy fiddlers would stick to making chocolate stop telling us all what to do.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Strontium Dog

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I think that people often miss that Top Gear takes an intentional poke at the absurd PC we are forced to endure. I hope they win the case and we are allowed Free Speach once again without fear of offending some ignorant oaf from this or any other country!

Oh god, what have I said I'm gonna be in trouble? And now I've mentioned a god too, it just gets worse

blakep82

posted on 3/2/11 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
wasn't a lot of what the aussies said classed as racist? i thought it was funny, not going to take them to court over it though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

daviep

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Have you noticed it's only caucasians that are accused of racism?
Do any of you object to being called 'a Brit',

I'd prefer Scottish

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

jabbahutt

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Why is the Aussies managed to see the joke in arriving in a prison van thereby implying that all Australians are criminals yet the Mexican comments cause uproar?

Throw the case out as a waste of time and free up court time to hear proper cases of a criminal nature. Free speech only seems to apply to certain elements of this country but if in the silent majority don't dare say anything.

balidey

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The Mexican Ambassador has complained to the BBC about comments on Top Gear. Richard Hammond is accused of calling Mexicans lazy. Mr Eduardo Medina Mora, 54, said that he saw the show live on Sunday and rang to complain as soon as he woke up on Tuesday afternoon.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

eddie99

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Lol woke up on tuesday morning hahahaha

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Richard Quinn

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Brought about by a 30 year old Mexican student... I rest my case m'Lud. If she'd been awake and conscientous she would've graduated with the rest of her class when she was 21! (and being a 30 year old Mexican, I'll bet she has a moustache too!)

No, I'm not racist - I'm just trying to be a little bit funny, a bit like TG.

Anyway, Englishman, Scotsman and an Irish man walk into a bar...

A1

posted on 3/2/11 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
one second I cant stop laughing...

she should be told where to go.

loggyboy

posted on 3/2/11 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
99% of comedians would be facing lawsuits if a judge took this case seriously.

Defo needs to be a simple appology from TG and move on. (of course the appology will be backhanded with another stab at the mexicans.)

They have made it far worse by complaining, if they had ignored it, it would just be another TG joke that would rarely be reported.

Peteff

posted on 3/2/11 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn

And the landlord says, "Is this a joke or something?"

Got to go now, sheep to shag and all that you know

edit to add:- don't mention the drug wars it's the year of the tourist this year.

[Edited on 3/2/11 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

tegwin

posted on 3/2/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair, the mexicans dont help them selves though do they.....

All of their films etc you see feckless mexicans asleep under cactasus etc....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Peteff

posted on 3/2/11 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
To be fair, the mexicans dont help them selves though do they.....

All of their films etc you see feckless mexicans asleep under cactasus etc....

But why are they feckless, 'cos America stole all their feck. I think that should be cacti there.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

The Venom Project

posted on 3/2/11 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Racist comments gone mad

quote:
Brought about by a 30 year old Mexican student... I rest my case m'Lud. If she'd been awake and conscientous she would've graduated with the rest of her class when she was 21! (and being a 30 year old Mexican, I'll bet she has a moustache too!)

I'm not racist either, I just hate everyone :-)

This is the problem with all these bloody imigrants, just in this country to get free accomodation, free health care, our jobs, they generally put nothing back into the country, the send there money home to allow more of them back into the good old Slack Arse UK, (Come in, we feed you, we look after you)

I think there is no other country that it is so easy to gain entry to.

Great my Arse!

:-)

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

DaveFJ

posted on 3/2/11 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Feckless, lazy pot-noodle eating students.......
James

posted on 3/2/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project
quote:

This is the problem with all these bloody imigrants, just in this country to get free accomodation, free health care, our jobs, they generally put nothing back into the country, the send there money home to allow more of them back into the good old Slack Arse UK, (Come in, we feed you, we look after you)

Great my Arse!

A Mexican student will have paid the uni and absolute fortune to be there!!!

Our uni make more money from selling places to foreigners than practically anything else. Money that the UK tax payer would have had to fund otherwise.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

r1_pete

posted on 3/2/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote

Our uni make more money from selling places to foreigners than practically anything else. Money that the UK tax payer would have had to fund otherwise.

Cheers,
James

and so they fekkin should, the price should include an air fare home too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 3/2/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project
quote:

Great my Arse!

Take a look in the mirror (as a nation) we created this situation, point 3 is the key - they come and do our jobs. Now why are they able to come and do "our" jobs when there is so much unemployment, that would probably be because we won't get off our arses and do them ourselves. Now the fact that they have taken our jobs invalidates points 1,2 &4 because they are now (hopefully) contributing to the tax/NI system and seeing as they now live and work here they probably contribute to our economy by buying clothes, food and fuel.

On what basis do you believe that there is no country so easy to gain access to? Is this through personal experience or do you read the sun

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

Confused but excited.

posted on 3/2/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

Cheers,
James

and so they fekkin should, the price should include an air fare home too.

So, it's the universities that are to blame for unemployment.
They teach modern technology to 'Third World Nationals' (that's me being PC that is) so that they can start companies in their own country, pay carp wages (ie a fish head) and undercut our manufacturers.
And to think, I have been blaming the banks.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Humbug

posted on 3/2/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Just a wee bit off topic, but doesn't "racism" relate to race? Nationality isn't the same as race. If you slag off the French, you may be done for something, but it would be something like xenophobia (unless you were also slagging off French people of a certain race).
A1

posted on 3/2/11 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
we did invite them all over, but i know for a fact that a lot of them dont pay tax, bills etc and screw the system any way they can. almost every one i know sends money home.

and yea, theres a lot of lazy people from here that do nothing, but do we really need to add to that?

no.

ps, i appreciate that up here we have it a hell of a lot better than england do. but still, maybe this bloody wind will blow a few away

[Edited on 3/2/11 by A1]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.