Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trickshifter issue anyone got one ?
neo2

posted on 12/2/11 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Trickshifter issue anyone got one ?

Hi chaps fitted a trickshifter that came with my car but was never fitted, ive fitted as per instuctions double checked everything and have an issue with it..

The problem is this, when the ignition is on but engine off, it tells you to move the gear lever and you should hear a bleep and led illuminate on the control box when you feel resistance if set right (i do get the bleep and the light so it all seems well) But it then says flick the switch on the control box while the engine is running, this is the test for the spark interupt and as you do it you should feel a miss beat of the engine simulating the spark cut, for the flat shift, i again get the green led and bleep at this point but no miss beat of the engine, so it seems its not cutting the sparks at all to me...

But the wire to the coils is grey and ive definatley connected into the correct one and before it splits into the 4 one for each coil pack, anyone got any idea's at all. sent email to trickshifter but had no reply as yet, thought i would try on here but long shot i know..

GSXR1000 k1 indy ??

PAUL FISHER

posted on 12/2/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted one on my zx10r, when you flick the momentary switch, are you sure its not cutting the spark, as I thought mine was not working either as I was expecting the engine to almost cut out, but its just the slightest of engine note change only, although if you rev the engine to around 6000rpm it is lot more noticeable.
T66

posted on 12/2/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have the trickshifter instructions, do you want them ?

Mines not fitted yet, so cannot help.

Mydrian T9 on here used to run one (now mine)

Ive spoken with trickshifter and found them really helpful, flatshifter are meant to be helpful too. I know Flatshifter took over trick...

[Edited on 12/2/11 by T66]

[Edited on 12/2/11 by T66]

neo2

posted on 12/2/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replys guys T66 ive actually got the instructions, and done everything it says properly just it did'nt seem to interupt the spark when i tested it that was all...

Thant said the engine was on idle and cold so it was sort of hunting up and down a touch on the cold start idle in the garage..

PAUL = so are you saying on idle its hardly detectable its cutting the spark,,, on the test setting what does it actually do cut the sparks for 1/2 a second or something, can you give me a quick description what the noticable interupt is and how you test yours you say 6000rpm ish etc

MydT9

posted on 13/2/11 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you have connected it right but as mentioned previously the cut is extremely subtle although very distinguishable - you will know straight away.

I would let the engine run a while to get it ticking over smoothly and then try, if it still doesnt work then check your connection to the coil power and if that fails speak with the lads at Tricksifter now Flatshifter - extremely helpful and even answer the phone on a Sunday

I used one on my Blackbird carb motor and worked a treat... :
Doesnt sound like a big problem, good luck

Myd

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RPWhhbaPG4o

PAUL FISHER

posted on 13/2/11 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neo2

PAUL = so are you saying on idle its hardly detectable its cutting the spark,,, on the test setting what does it actually do cut the sparks for 1/2 a second or something, can you give me a quick description what the noticable interupt is and how you test yours you say 6000rpm ish etc

The test switch cuts the spark for only a few milliseconds, just to mimic what happens when you change gear, its just 50-100ms if I recall, its so fast you hardly even notice it, even driving the car at full chat when you change gear, to test it at 6000rpm I just held the throttle open, or you could get someone to rev it for you, and then flick the switch, it might not be this, but worth ruling out first.

neo2

posted on 13/2/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys will do some more tests and if i get no joy will ring trickshifter/flatshifter

Rob

neo2

posted on 15/2/11 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Telephoned trickshifter and they are really helpfull guys down there spot on, anyway, they told me to check and test a few things and it appears the unit is faulty and the dianosis is a blown diode inside, its rebuildable so not mega expensive but at least ive got it narrowed down...
T66

posted on 15/2/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
nice one....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.