Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Grp rear panel
sdh2903

posted on 19/2/11 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Grp rear panel

After a break from building whilst building myself a garage (in the winter, in glasgow I need to get cracking again. I'm after a GRP rear panel for a locost (i'm not building a locost but very close size wise).

I know there are several companys out there producing GRP and have been trawling for quite some time, but i'm after one that comes complete with the infills in front of the rear axle (i like to call them 'ears'

The saturn one below is exactly what i'm after but thats for a haynes and wont fit with the upper tubes of the chassis

Does anyone out there produce one like this for the locost? I know i have the option of making an ally one but thought i'd ask first

cheers
Steve

handyandy

posted on 19/2/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought...why not remove/reposition the upper tubes?

or....if your chassis is the correct width to accomodate the Saturn GRP tub, you can "cutnshut " (without needing to reapply any new fibreglass ) the GRP to make it fit, this would be in the area just below the roll bar mounting plates, not ideal but I have seen it done using the saturn tub.

cheers
andy

sdh2903

posted on 19/2/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
Just a thought...why not remove/reposition the upper tubes?

or....if your chassis is the correct width to accomodate the Saturn GRP tub, you can "cutnshut " (without needing to reapply any new fibreglass ) the GRP to make it fit, this would be in the area just below the roll bar mounting plates, not ideal but I have seen it done using the saturn tub.

cheers
andy

With regards the saturn one, i must admit have considered removing bits etc, but If i followed the same route as the haynes boys to make it fit with the rear bracing etc then i would have to change fuel tank, which I dont really want to do.

I dont mind modifying the panel but dont really want to start chopping the chassis bits.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.