Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plumbing Coolant Lines
pekwah1

posted on 23/2/11 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Plumbing Coolant Lines

Hi Guys,

I have had the following diagram professionally drawn up:

Does this look correct in terms of where pipes are going? i Don't know much about plumbing engines tbh.
The engine is a 1300 xflow if it makes any difference.

Regards,
Andy

blakep82

posted on 23/2/11 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
yep, but not quite...
you'll need one or 2 vent pipes. 1 will go from the thermostat housing to the tank, and there may be one from the top of the radiator to the tank also

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

myeates

posted on 23/2/11 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
the diagram is almost there but like blake said has a vent pipe from the top of the radiator to the tank via the thermostat housing if that makes sense
Daddylonglegs

posted on 23/2/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hijack , but where would I need to plumb in the heater in the above diagram? I am using a pinto with a non-ford (I think) radiator. I also have a cooling connection on the inlet manifold where would that be fed from?

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

pekwah1

posted on 23/2/11 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies guys, forgot to ask about the vent pipes but you've answered already!
you are now cleared to answer daddylongleg's hijack!

Cheers,
andy

myeates

posted on 23/2/11 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
your welcome nice to see someone else with a nice little 1300 xflow

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Sorry to hijack , but where would I need to plumb in the heater in the above diagram? I am using a pinto with a non-ford (I think) radiator. I also have a cooling connection on the inlet manifold where would that be fed from?

JB

on my crossflow the heater is plumbed in so the water pump feeds the top heater connection (mini heater) and the bottom connection goes back to the inlet manifold pipe

[Edited on 23/2/11 by myeates]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 23/2/11 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks andy lol!

myeates, I think my heater is from a mini, it's just what looks like a cable operated valve inline with the coolant connections.

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

myeates

posted on 23/2/11 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
havent actually got a valve on mine so its on all the time but not letting hot air through when the flap is closed, but when on the mini it was just a cable operated valve inline of one of the pipe coming from the head, i havent got round to putting one on mine at the moment its been cold enough to have the heater on all the time

Mark

pekwah1

posted on 24/2/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
hi guys,
not as straight forward as i thought, it appears i have no extra nipples for my vent pipes on either the thermostat housing or on the radiator. I have 2 coming from the tank (although i think one is blocked off) so what should i do with these???

myeates

posted on 24/2/11 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy

Is radiator sealed with no cap. Is so don't think it matters about the vent there I had to get a different thermostat housing to make my system work ok.
I think if your tank level is higher than the rest it shouldn't matter about the vent pipes as it will all level out and should self bleed I think

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.