Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: soda blasting - a few questions
andrew-theasby

posted on 25/2/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
soda blasting - a few questions

Just about to start cleaning my diff and was wondering about soda blasting as im not stripping it for sand blasting. Am i right to think if i mask the steel off and try to avoid any seals i can blast the alloy case with soda then just swill it off with water and it wont leave any grit anywhere like sand blasting as it will all dissolve? Also what is the soda and where can i get it from? Thanks
imp paul

posted on 25/2/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
its just bicarb soda or you could use crushed glass as its very fine i just got my car shell done last week with glass i was going to go soda but its a long job and costs more a pal of mine does it for a living glass £50hr soda £60hr hope this mite help you and yes soda is very green to use its a 1 hit use as is the glass here is a link to daimos site http://www.vapourblast.co.uk/index.php

[Edited on 25/2/11 by imp paul]

designer

posted on 25/2/11 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
DIY soda blasting here:

http://www.shedworks.eu/projects.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrew-theasby

posted on 25/2/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Dont want to use glass or any other media as it leaves a fine dust that no matter how much you blow it out gets into the bearings etc. As far as i know the soda can be completely dissolved by rinseing so you dont have to dis-assemble things before blasting. Is this right? Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.