Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alloy wheel sizes??
antwan

posted on 2/3/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Alloy wheel sizes??

Hi,
I have a set of bbs split rims, 17" 225 back 215 front (so laaarrggge!) which I was going to put on my MNR.

In two minds whether to use these now as they are in very good condition or ditch them for a smaller set with more 'delicate' styling.

Only question is how do I know others will fit without trying them? Sorry but I know naf all about this subject.
Thanks

austin man

posted on 2/3/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
go for smaller you will get a lot better handling especiall when cornering the bigger ones do look nice though and give the car a good stance

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

loggyboy

posted on 2/3/11 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Leave the 17s for the Saxo brigade. Stick some 15s if you want a decent looking wheel but still functional for a lightweight car.

As for fit, wheel dia is largely irrelevaant, aslong as you get the right width and offset to suit the car, its the tyre size that counts. 195 50 15s would usually suit, and will be a lot cheaper than the skinny profile 17s you would need to get under the standard arches.

[Edited on 2/3/11 by loggyboy]

Davey D

posted on 3/3/11 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ditch the 17" wheels for some 15"
franky

posted on 3/3/11 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
I guess you should get xxx/45/17's under the wings so you'll still have plenty of side wall flex. IMO I wouldn't worry so much about the size, just the combined weight of wheel and tyre. Some small wheels are heavier than larger ones and obviously some larger are heavier than smaller ones.

[Edited on 3/3/11 by franky]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.