Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: identifying a suspension bush on an Avon
andrew-theasby

posted on 5/3/11 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
identifying a suspension bush on an Avon

I have an early Avon chassis which has the rubber type suspension bushes, but there is no mention in the Jim Dudley book what they are from. There not the triumph/locost ones as they are bigger and have a metal sleeve around the rubber. Dimensions are 26.5mm dia. 35mm wide and have a 1/2" bolt hole. Any suggestions or tables i might be able to look it up on? Thanks
austin man

posted on 5/3/11 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
did the early avon utilise some sierra components ??

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

fazerruss

posted on 5/3/11 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
did the early avon utilise some sierra components ??

If built following the jim full of crap book then no. I would be interested to know myself what they are cos from tiger they cost a fortune.
I ended up manufacturing my own. As yet untested but they can be no worse than the dolomite bushes.

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

andrew-theasby

posted on 5/3/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Not in the way robin hood do, but maybe? Its proper double wishbone and IRS just like MK's etc with cortina uprights
Minicooper

posted on 5/3/11 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have 12 of these metalastic bushes with 10 1/2" HT matching bolts and nylock nuts to suit the avon supplied by tiger racing, somewhere I may have the other 2 missing nut and bolts. I didn't find out what they were from at the time either.
I paid a lot for these by memory, they have picked up slight oxidation of some part of the zinc plating, not rust but are new and unused, if your interested make a decent offer, if your not fine

Why I bought 12 I don't know, not enough to do a full car and too many for just the front end!

Cheers
David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.