Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear Upright Hub/Carrier design help
Antnicuk

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Rear Upright Hub/Carrier design help

I am looking for a pair of rear hubs (carriers and uprights for an IRS set up on the stylus. SSC who make the stylus are not currently trading so i am looking to use a locost (or some other tried tested and system) design of IRS .

I can make the diff carrier and wishbones if needed but i am looking to try and buy the hub carriers. Anyone idea of where i can get a pair and what i need i need to consider. I am not brave/knowledgable enough to try and design my own system so just want to replicate a recognised set up, or buy it ready made.

I currently have sierra discs and callipers on my atlas live axle so it would be handy to use these, meaning i would need sierra based hubs/carriers to work.

The other option i was considering was Mazda MX5. I assume that the MX5 based kits use custom made carriers to attach to the wishbones rather than the stock mazda item?

Just wondered if you guys had any thoughts or suggestions. Its all a bit new to me so assume i know nothing.

I am sure there will be the old discussion of why am i changing to IRS, well i have tried the live axle, and now i would like to try the irs route so i can compare. I will be ensuring that i can revert back if needed. I do like the live axle but as i have nothing to compare it to, i thought i would try something else. I dont really want to try Dedion as i dont have the room due to the fuel tank location.

[Edited on 5-3-11 by Antnicuk]

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

meany

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes roadster would be the best bet.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php

some peeps on hereare building them.

[Edited on 5/3/11 by meany]

austin man

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
MK, Mac1 Mk engineering to name a few

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

loggyboy

posted on 5/3/11 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Stylus was sylva fury based? so maybe the new owners of the fury could help? or Raw, the owners of the Striker and Phoenix?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.