Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to get zorst for ZX12 powered car?
twybrow

posted on 8/3/11 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Where to get zorst for ZX12 powered car?

Can anyone suggest a supplier for an exhaust to enable a ZX12r to be put into a 7esque chassis? I have tried MNR, who advertise on their site, but they said they could only do it if I brought the car to them (a bloodty long way from Southampton!), and htey cant do anything until end of May. I know S&S headers make a zorst that a couple have gone for, but which type, and what did it cost? There are several listed on their website that could be the right one... I have also emailed Powerspeed Exhausts, MK Sportcars and MK Engineering, to see if they can help...

I was certain up until the phione call that the MNR option was best, but the chap did his best to tell me what a stupid idea it was to buy an exhaust off the shelf, as my chassis (Stuart Taylor) would be too different to the MNR design, and effectively said he would not supply it...

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!

40inches

posted on 8/3/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have used the standard bike header, going under the engine and out the drivers side, but that's on an MK chassis.
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/3/11 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
exhausts by design (Graham) did mine. He's in Oxfordshire, so not as far.

http://exhausts-by-design.co.uk

He's not what you might call chatty and I don't know about his "design" skills, but he's good at making things and honest.

Matt

BobM

posted on 12/3/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on your budget really but getting an off the shelf exhaust doesn't sound a terribly good idea.

Simpson Race Exhausts apparently have a good reputation but I don't think they're cheap. Langley near Heathrow.

Charlie at Pro-Speed in Cardiff did a great job fabricating my system but it's a bit of a long way from you.

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.