Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eon energy saving gizmo
mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
eon energy saving gizmo

so a package came for the misses this afternoon, and it turns out its our energy monitor, free from eon.

was very easy to setup, however, i quickly came to the conclusion we could have light to see, but the misses definately couldn't have any more heating!

eznfrank

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
How do they work? How does it take a reading? I'm with EDF and don't think they do them but interested in working how much we spend
matt_gsxr

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.eonshop.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductCode=1100014&Category=AroundYourHome

£40

loggyboy

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
My british gas one came free a while back. Stopped using it now as finding out it cost a £1 to shower for 10mins I didnt want to know anymore!

It has a battery powered sensor that clips to the incoming mains cable, which then sends a wireless signal to the gauge which is an mains powered LCD display that needs to know what your rate is and then calculates how much you are spending, it also has a live reading like a rev gauge.

[Edited on 14/3/11 by loggyboy]

RAYLEE29

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
its a clamp meter with a wireless readout (well thats the one we got sent ages ago), gives you a kwh reading so you can see where your money is going
Ray

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
My british gas one came free a while back. Stopped using it now as finding out it cost a £1 to shower for 10mins I didnt want to know anymore!

It has a battery powered sensor that clips to the incoming mains cable, which then sends a wireless signal to the gauge which is an mains powered LCD display that needs to know what your rate is and then calculates how much you are spending, it also has a live reading like a rev gauge.

[Edited on 14/3/11 by loggyboy]

thats pretty much how mine works.

it is scary when u know how much ur using, we're sat in the dark now with the radiator off!

nitram38

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Make the kids leave home, it will save a small fortune!

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Make the kids leave home, it will save a small fortune!

thats a bit premature, we're still at the trying to conceive stage! perhaps i can harvest some of the little ones energy somehow...

Liam

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Got ours free from N-Power. Luckily we dont have electric heating or shower to give me depressing readings, but starting up both electric ovens makes me wince !. The kettle is almost as bad so I'm tempted to consider getting the water half way there by starting from the A-efficiency combi-boiler-fed hot tap!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 15/3/11 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
We had one, told the kids where our money was going and we showed them. They're still incapable of giving a s**t

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.