Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Liking Google Chrome...
Jasper

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Liking Google Chrome...

Anybody else using it? Been a Firefox lover for years, but liking the simplicity and ease of use of Chrome ..... gonna give it a try for a while .....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

David Jenkins

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
One thing annoyed me when I tried it - links were always underlined and I couldn't set it otherwise.

I know it's a trivial personal preference, but it annoyed me. I don't know if they've fixed that now, as many people complained.

The Black Flash

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, been using it for some time now. Firefox started getting a bit heavy, and IE is best not mentioned...
scudderfish

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Been using it for ages. I can start Chrome, do something and close it before Firefox has got off it's arse and started thinking about showing me my home page.

v8kid

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Been using it for a while now and will take a lot to make me change. In a slow reception area I found it to be much better than firefox, in fact a transformation but my bro in law who lives on top of the exchange finds no difference and stayed with ff

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mrwibble

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
i like the automatic spell check for those iliterates like me.
steve m

posted on 16/3/11 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I actually did not like it !!

It seemed to move things about on the screen, and did not display every piccy,
It could of just been a setting problem, but im to lazy and went back to IE
This was on an old version of Xp,

Steve

Miks15

posted on 16/3/11 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
i always use it now, much quicker and easier to use than IE, much simpler and less clogged up at the top.

I like how the address bar is also a search bar, and how it auto fills most used websites so all i do is type l then hit enter and im on LCB

Very useful.

My only problem is that shockwave flash always crashes on it and ive tried googling it but it says its common problem with chrome.

ashg

posted on 16/3/11 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
have used chrome for ages. hands down kills ff and ie. never had any of the problems described above

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Myke 2463

posted on 16/3/11 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
As ashg says. works for me.

Be Lucky Mike.

BenB

posted on 16/3/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Personally not so keen. Tried it but don't like the way it looks. Can't quite work out why but something annoys me about it! But it is quite quick.
It also doesn't display the CSS details on my website properly which is a bit annoying.

dlatch

posted on 16/3/11 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Been using it for ages. I can start Chrome, do something and close it before Firefox has got off it's arse and started thinking about showing me my home page.

same here been a chrome user for ages too
all the competition is too bloated

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 16/3/11 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Chrome is the best I've found for the lappy, but still not a patch on OS X.

It's Evolution Baby!

David Jenkins

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Personally not so keen. Tried it but don't like the way it looks. Can't quite work out why but something annoys me about it! But it is quite quick.
It also doesn't display the CSS details on my website properly which is a bit annoying.

I'm the same - it's fine, but I didn't like the way some things were done. I also have a set of plug-ins for Firefox that do a lot of useful things, so I wanted to hang onto them.

Finally, the difference in performance between Chrome and FF when using both on Linux is marginal - not enough to warrant the change-over.

mookaloid

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I use it all the time - a very unfussy look, very fast, as reliable as any other browser and it synchronises across all my computers - no going back for me

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

PSpirine

posted on 16/3/11 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've had infinite troubles with Chrome. It caused plugins to crash all the time with that very annoying informal message and cartoon smiley to accompany it.

It did work fast, just completely unreliable in my experience. So I'm sticking to Firefox!

Craigman9

posted on 23/3/11 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Google chrome is very average in my opinion. I am a mac user so obviously I am running with Safari, which I must say is excellent on a macbook. Im not sure how it is on a windows computer but might be worth a go

Craig

David Jenkins

posted on 23/3/11 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Firefox 4 is just out - it's supposed to be much faster.

We'll see whether it's better, or whether they've mucked up my favourite browser...

Ninehigh

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

We'll see whether it's better, or whether they've mucked up my favourite browser...

Ooh it's well different, mind you I didn't use it much... I started my fresh install by getting Lunascape, which I'm still using as FF4 isn't compatible with the one major plugin I use for my game... Not the end of the world but a PITA..

lsdweb

posted on 23/3/11 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've been using it for quite a while and wouldn't use anything else! I do have one problem with an ActiveX plugin that's needed to access my CCTV system (great for seeing what's going on outside or what Junior is up to!) so I run IE just for that.
MikeRJ

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

I hope so, I did a re-install of Windows a few weeks back and hoped it would speed things up, but Firefox still takes nearly as long to load as Photoshop (at least the first time you open it).

Marcus

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I use Chrome all the time, EXCEPT when spending money. It has crashed on some secure websites in the past so I don't trust it!! Tesco digital used to hate Chrome, dunno if it still does.

If I'm spending, I'll use IE

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

britishtrident

posted on 23/3/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Chrome isn't mature yet ---- not yet usable as as your only browser. This time nest year ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.