Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Childrens heart surgery Brompton Hospital
snapper

posted on 18/3/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Childrens heart surgery Brompton Hospital

This bloody government.....
The Brompton hospital saved my daughters life, operated on her at 12 days old, then again, major open heart reconstruction @ 3 1/2 years
Many more other proceedures until last year when now aged 20 she had further open heart valve surgery in the adult side of the house, some more to come.
When Emma was tiny and I was completely overwhelmed by it all the professionalism, warmth and care delivered by all the staff was phenomenal

They want to close it down.....

I will be posting further later once I have talked to the Brompton press office but hope to post links to support campaigns and petitions

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

chrsgrain

posted on 18/3/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, it's understandable being upset when you have an attachment to the place, however, please think about;

It has been shown that survival and other outcomes are better when a unit performs more operations per year, the proposals will result in larger units with more experience and therefore better results; would you deny other parents the best possible outcome for their child?

The report which recommended this was from a senior group of doctors, and the government has accepted the proposals.

There are no proposals to sack any medical staff, just relocate them to larger units, which as above, have been shown to improve outcomes.

In London, there will still be 2 units so travelling time will not be an issue.

I have worked at the Brompton, and it's a great place, but the survival of kids must come ahead of emotive arguments regarding institutions.

Chris

[Edited on 18/3/11 by chrsgrain]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.