Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: manifold
shorts

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
manifold

Can anyone give me a good contact to get an exhaust manifold made without taking my car to them as its in guernsey, it a new build mk indy r with a 2008 r1 motor, the one that came with the kit when i brought it was made wrong apparently and did not fit, I have asked MK for the new one to be made but keep getting fobbed off and ignord FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS, must say they take your money quick enough, so if anyone can help out that would be great. looks like i have missed the chance to contend our hillclimb championship now but i just need to get it finished and sell it as i have lost interest.

also is there anyone who i can talk to there who can help get some money back from them.

Dave

mookaloid

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
danny keenan on here seems to be able to help with this sort of thing - try sending him a U2U

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

shorts

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
danny keenan on here seems to be able to help with this sort of thing - try sending him a U2U

its them who owe me a manifold, form 6 months ago

blakep82

posted on 23/3/11 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
whats wrong with it that makes it not fit? primary pipes too short? angles wrong so it fouls the chassis?
plenty of stainless welders on here you could perhaps post to for modifying?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

macc man

posted on 23/3/11 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
With most builds a certain amount of modification is needed to get things to fit. If you can cut and tack weld it back together in new position there are lots of guys on here who will help you out.

danny keenan

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
hi dave

sorry but we have been really busy these past weeks with builds and kits.

ur manifold will be ready to send out monday and should take two to three days to arrive.

sorry for the delay

cheers danny

noc231073

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Well SNAP
Mk exhaust never fit only found out all this when it was to late .... Actually most of there stuff doesn't fit ....
When you pay for a stainless exhaust that's tig welded it should fit. Asking Mk to do anything about it after they have taken you money is like hitting your head of a brick wall they don't give a s@@t about you especially if you live out of the country as I do also ...
Asking Danny on here is another waste of time check a post I put up some months ago (Exhaust problem) Danny said he was getting a new link section made for me Well still havent Got it .. All bulls@@t... Give Andy in Ab performance a ring he is extremely helpful and I am sure he would point you in the right direction
I am in the same boat as you missing the first round of the. Irish hillclimb championship due to Mks extremely poor build quality parts ie: having to get everything re made or modified
I guess the only real cure to this problem would have been not to go a million miles near an Mk in the first place
Hindsight is great isn't it

noc231073

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
A 6 month delay mmmmmm.... Amazing what a listing on a public forum can do !!!!! maybe they would be better giving a decent customer service in the first place.
Then people wouldn't have to bring it to a public forum to get their problems sorted

Davegtst

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with the above 2 posts. My first hayabusa one from MK didn't fit so i had to go up there to collect a used one to replace it. Guess what, that doesn't fit properly either and some of the welding is terrible. Only got it from them as i didn't want to trailer a half built kit around to get an exhaust made up for it, wish i hadn't bothered now. Moral of the story is don't buy an exhaust from MK if you want it to fit, infact have a very long think before you buy an MK full stop.
mikemph
Contributor

Posts 111
Registered 20/9/10
Location oxford

Photo Archive Go!
Building: R1 powered Haynes Roadster and MK Indy zetec turbo

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
If you can cut and tack in position, send it to me and I can TIG if properly for you.
shorts

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
hi dave

sorry but we have been really busy these past weeks with builds and kits.

ur manifold will be ready to send out monday and should take two to three days to arrive.

sorry for the delay

cheers danny

Well i hope your right otherwise i'm wasting even more time, i need to get this thing finished and i also need the invoice to register the car, i appreciate you have been busy but unless you look after you existing customers you will be losing work i have had three people showing a lot of interest in the car and building one !!!

shorts

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
A 6 month delay mmmmmm.... Amazing what a listing on a public forum can do !!!!! maybe they would be better giving a decent customer service in the first place.
Then people wouldn't have to bring it to a public forum to get their problems sorted

its something i hate doing but after six months i feel i had no choice, its already cost me over 10.5k not counting my time, and now i just feel like selling it and going back to bikes.

shorts

posted on 23/3/11 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikemph
If you can cut and tack in position, send it to me and I can TIG if properly for you.

thanks mate but the one that came with it i sent back so it could be rectified,

shorts

posted on 30/3/11 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shorts
Can anyone give me a good contact to get an exhaust manifold made without taking my car to them as its in guernsey, it a new build mk indy r with a 2008 r1 motor, the one that came with the kit when i brought it was made wrong apparently and did not fit, I have asked MK for the new one to be made but keep getting fobbed off and ignord FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS, must say they take your money quick enough, so if anyone can help out that would be great. looks like i have missed the chance to contend our hillclimb championship now but i just need to get it finished and sell it as i have lost interest.

also is there anyone who i can talk to there who can help get some money back from them.

Dave

Well no suprise there, still have not got it, no answer to emails sent to MK although i know they have been read, last week i was promised that it would be sent out monday still have not received it and nobody want to tell me if it has gone or not, is someone taking the p*ss. i think so, so can anyone over there tell me who the right people are to have one made, problem is i cant get the car to them, but can give measurements.

Also as i asked before who do i talk to to make a complaint and maybe get some money back from Mk.

noc231073

posted on 30/3/11 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
WELL!!! WELL !!!!!NOW THERES A SUPRISE........

Empty promises that the customer has to foot the bill for ..........MKs story....

Dont know were to make a complant mate .
but give Andy in Ab performance a ring and he should put you in the right direction about an exhaust...
or another company is zorstec exhaust ... i havent used these guy but what ive seen there good lads

shorts

posted on 30/3/11 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
WELL!!! WELL !!!!!NOW THERES A SUPRISE........

Empty promises that the customer has to foot the bill for ..........MKs story....

Dont know were to make a complant mate .
but give Andy in Ab performance a ring and he should put you in the right direction about an exhaust...
or another company is zorstec exhaust ... i havent used these guy but what ive seen there good lads

yes thanks mate, i will try them, the biggest problem is i live over seas and cant get my car over there, really puts a downer on things, all i know is that i think people here will have second thoughts about building a kit, everyone seems to know what problems i'm having, i will just have to go and marshall this weekend and for the future if i wait any longer.

regards

Dave

Davegtst

posted on 30/3/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Also as i asked before who do i talk to to make a complaint and maybe get some money back from Mk.

Good luck with that, all i got when i went there was a load of shouting, abuse and a very unprofesional manner. I did get back a very small amount that only just covers my fuel to get there and back and postage costs for bits that had to be sent back as they were broken or wrong. You've not got anything out of them so far so don't hold your breath with any kind of compensation.

shorts

posted on 30/3/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst

Good luck with that, all i got when i went there was a load of shouting, abuse and a very unprofesional manner. I did get back a very small amount that only just covers my fuel to get there and back and postage costs for bits that had to be sent back as they were broken or wrong. You've not got anything out of them so far so don't hold your breath with any kind of compensation.

yes well the next step i think is to write to kitcar mags to warn the decent folk out there from parting with there hard earned cash. isnt that why we build our own to save money.

Dave

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.