Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyre Pressureson a BEC
phil_far

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Tyre Pressureson a BEC

What tyre pressures are you running on your BEC's?

My car is 453kg and I am currently running on 18ps front adn 20 rears. Weight distribution is 52/48...corner weighted
is it right?

Philip

BenB

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds about right but it depends on how the car is handling- tyre pressures can be used to modify the handling to an extent (easier than adjusting suspension).

I run 20 back and front personally cos it's easy to remember and the tyres seem to be wearing nice and evenly

jeffw

posted on 23/3/11 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Also depends what tyres you are running. A normal road tyre will need more pressure as they have softer sidewalls but a motorsport tyre (R888, A048R etc) have stiffer sidewalls. On a BEC with R888 I would say 20PSI was on the high side. 17-18 would be a better bet.

steve m

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I was using about 16 psi, and that felt ok
daniel mason

posted on 23/3/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
there was a thread on here a while back with some info from toyo re there r888 tyre. they suggested much more preassure but i always ran 20 front and back!

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 31/3/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
i run 13psi frnt and rear weighs in about 550 plus me
A048's rear R888 front

try it lower it grips really well

progers

posted on 1/4/11 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
13 psi is way too low for a 048, especially on a 13" rim. Are you sure you are not compensating for too hard suspension?

Yoko technicians have said that the 048's give their best grip when running at 22psi hot - on my race car I would typically start around 16/17 psi cold. On a standard car on the road you would probably add a little more as you (hopefully) won't be going banzai on the road.

For standard road tyres 18-20psi would be the norm.

Cheers

Paul

Andy3004

posted on 1/4/11 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I run 16psi but that is on soft hilclimb-compound slicks (13 inch) - works for what I need!
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 1/4/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
13 psi is way too low for a 048, especially on a 13" rim. Are you sure you are not compensating for too hard suspension?

Yoko technicians have said that the 048's give their best grip when running at 22psi hot - on my race car I would typically start around 16/17 psi cold. On a standard car on the road you would probably add a little more as you (hopefully) won't be going banzai on the road.

For standard road tyres 18-20psi would be the norm.

Cheers

Paul

no - suspension is pretty soft - i have played about with the settings for ages finding what 'feels' nice and between 13 - 15psi cold works great - sticks like brown stuff to woolly sheets! it would also depend a bit on weight - how much does your car weigh in at?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.