Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP!
Craigman9

posted on 23/3/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
HELP!

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but I am just new to the website and to the whole kit car seen so just wanted to introduce myself. Im 21 years old and a marine engineer from South Shields

I am looking to spend around £7000 on a fully built kit to start with so was just wondering where I should begin my search? I have been looking at the Mk Indy and also the MNR Vortx with bike engines but some help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Craig

daniel mason

posted on 23/3/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
i cant comment on the mk,but had an mnr and it was great! R1 powered. good fun,quick,handled well and the help mnr give to there customers is superb! and thats worth a lot. have you thought of mac#1 ? they should be a contender also and those guys also extremely helpful!

dave-69isit

posted on 23/3/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
mnr gets my vote every time
Craigman9

posted on 23/3/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't considered the mac1 yet mate. I have literally just been on pistonheads looking at a few but I will read through the forums to hear various opinions.

I like the fact you give good feedback about the guys at MNR, that is worth a lot I agree Thanks for the help!

johny p

posted on 23/3/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
to be honest i prefer the mk to mnr and mac#1.. i would also go bike engine powered mate.. they are silly quick.. may be selling my locost in summer for mk....
austin man

posted on 23/3/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
pop down to MK and ask for a spin in the Honda S2000 turbod car might change your mind. I run a car engined MK and more than happy, bike engined cars are frantic and offer blistering acceleration more suite to track than cruising.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

lotusmadandy

posted on 24/3/11 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Craig,welcome to the nut house.

I run a zetec powered indy and just live up the road from you,in Hebburn.
Feel free to come and have a look but i cant take it out on the
road until the 1st of april though.

Andy

Craigman9

posted on 24/3/11 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Andy!

Yeah I will have to pop through whenever you have the time. I was speaking to Kris also and he was saying to pop through and have a look at his Vortx. Im hoping to get myself something soon!

lotusmadandy

posted on 24/3/11 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
No bother at all mate,
Any time.

Andy

Krismc

posted on 25/3/11 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigman9
Thanks Andy!

Yeah I will have to pop through whenever you have the time. I was speaking to Kris also and he was saying to pop through and have a look at his Vortx. Im hoping to get myself something soon!

Except i only gone and broke it, nice meeting you at andys today - hope we filled you head full of crap and made the deciding even more difficult. (only kidding)

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.