Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It Lives!
Daddylonglegs

posted on 26/3/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
It Lives!

Well, after several false attempts and some jiggery pokery with jump leads and fuel pump shinanigans, the 442 lives!!

Started fairly quick really, rough as old boots on tick-over, but revved up quite well. No air filter though and probably needs a good tune, but at least it runs, and it sounds waaaay better than I expected

The boss took some video, but unfortunately I'm having a 'mare putting it on the PC Can't find the disc that came with the camcorder and no sign of the drivers online, but I'll keep looking.

All in all a well chuffed bunny today though, it certainly gives you a burst of enthusiasm though

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

RichardK

posted on 26/3/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
No vid, didnt happen mate

IF it did happen well done fella

Mesh is in the post btw

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 26/3/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Rich. And yes it DID happen lol! Just so pee'd off that I can't get the damn video off the camcorder and onto the PC
Missus did the David Bailey bit and it came out OK. I am still trying to find the drivers so I can get it sorted. Watch this space mate

JB

handyandy

posted on 26/3/11 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats

Its a great feeling, there,ll be times when you fire it up just to hear it again & think to yourself...."wow, i did that" sort of feeling....well done.

cheers
andy

MakeEverything

posted on 27/3/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Waiting in anticipation for the Vid.

Well done.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Daddylonglegs

posted on 28/3/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Talk about highs and lows! I've spent several hours online trying to locate the software and drivers for my camcorder so I can put the video of the start on the forum, but found nothing

Then I had a brainwave.....copy the vid from the cmaera to the dvd recorder via scart. Yep, worked a treat, then copy the vid from DVD recorder to DVD. Yep worked a treat. Copy the vid from DVD to PC, not a chance!!

PC won't recognise anything on the disc, plays fine in the recorder but nothing on the PC. I think I should have used the damn phone, at least I know I can get video from it to the PC.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears......

dlatch

posted on 28/3/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
can you find out what format it is saved in? seems to be a pure software issue and your PC simply does not know what the vid file is, but with the right codec installed it will.

what camera did you record it on?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 28/3/11 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
bet you its an avi, and you just need the codecs for it. i've got a little video camera thing and its the same. search internet for avi codec, and you'll find one that works.

or what make is the camera? the manufacturers website will have a download for it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 29/3/11 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
It's a JVC gr-d93, searched the entire website even in the archives. Looked all over the damn web and found nothing! Several threads on various forums asking for the same software and drivers, so I guess I won't be buying JVC again , no workee and no support

I'm going to try a firewire cable as there is a connection on the camera but have never used it so not sure if it'll work. Got to be worth a few quid to try though?

mad-butcher

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
firewire and windows ( xp )movie maker works with my jvc
flibble

posted on 29/3/11 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm going to try a firewire cable as there is a connection on the camera but have never used it so not sure if it'll work. Got to be worth a few quid to try though?

AFAIK firewire is the ONLY way to get video to your pc, usb is normally for transferring pics or stuff from the memory card on the camera if it has one.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 29/3/11 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Wifey is out as we speak hopefully buying me a Firewire cable

Thing is, by the time I get the vid on here the moment will have passed and it will be a distant memory

[Edited on 29/3/11 by Daddylonglegs]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 29/3/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Well, after much 'f'-ing and blinding, and god knows how many hours trying to find a way to get magic from my camcorder to the telly I finally did it!!

Linky Doodle Day

Sorry about the crap end, not sure what happened but after the time it took to get it uploaded I don't give a flyer

Oh, and apologies for the doves in the background, they've been breeding like bunnies and there's dozens of 'em!!

And for Rich, IT DOES LIVE!

Oh, and I know, I should have charged the battery before the start, but I was in too much of a hurry to get it running

[Edited on 30/3/11 by Daddylonglegs]

MakeEverything

posted on 12/4/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thats great. I wish my missus was as pleased about mine!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.