Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with identifying cams please.
m4maverick

posted on 27/3/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Help with identifying cams please.

I would like to find out what cams are in my engine. 2.0ltr Silvertop Zetec.

I have been told that people like Piper and Kent put marks on the end of the shaft.
Does anyone have experience of how true this is and which end of the shaft the marks are likely to be, if the front end do I need to remove the cam cover or just remove the pulley.

Given that the are not standard cams (engine is dyno'd at 174bhp) and that they pulleys are non adjustable is it likely that I would get much benefit from vernier pulleys and adjusting the cam timing precisely ?

As you can tell I am hankering after some more power, but need to understand where I currently am before I can progess forward. I don't need to remove the cam cover at the moment so thought I would ask here first.

Many thanks to anyone that can shed any light on this topic
Mike W

will121

posted on 27/3/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Some put info in casting and Kent do least on a cvh stamp info reference on end, may be as well to take cover off and measure lift to see if you can identify them, if looking to fit more aggressive ones may also need clearance mods to head, vernier pully useful to set wild cams but not essential as pulley not keyed on zetec come into their own only if set up on a RR. Also what is rest of setup? Get best from cams looking to ported head etc

[Edited on 27/3/11 by will121]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.