Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: We buy any car .com
jacko

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
We buy any car .com

Anyone tried to sell there kitcar with this firm ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
they got a mention the other day,some watchdog had them for ripping people off....nuf said?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jacko

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I know some one that has sold 2 cars too them and was happy with what they got if you dont like the price you walk away he told me
Just wondered if anyone had tried it with a kitcar

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Not that i'm after selling it but I put my vw camper in the doodah on their webby and it said tooooooooooo old

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

simonk

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hello

the way it was explained to me, you get your online price, and if you fancy that you make your appointment to pitch up at their local branch. The guys in the branch then have to bring the price down further, a target of 30% was mentioned but I can't vouch for this.

As Jacko says you can walk away at any point, but by the time a lot of people get to the branch they really want / need to sell and will go for it.

I sold my Golf 5 GTi privately recently and the WBAC on-line bid was about 75% of what I sold for.

IMHO you need to sell a kit car to someone that wants it and knows what it is - I doubt that WBAC will know what to do with it, but all you have to do to get an online bid is put in your registration number and answer a few questions, you'll soon get a feel for if they're going to be any use to you or not.

Best of luck
Simon

dlatch

posted on 2/4/11 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
the mention on the radio was because only 5% of customers of theirs actually get the quoted price.
they want you to drive to them so they can insult you with a lower offer

AVOID!!!

if your selling a newish car then try www.wewillbuyyourcar.com
they come to you and actually pay what they quote as long as condition is as stated

rf900rush

posted on 2/4/11 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
These places will offer you a joke value. If you have nothing better to do for a day, might be worth a laugh

They work on the basis that you have no idea on vaules or can't be bothered to sell it on your own.

Been to a car warehouse to get a car for the wife.

Very amusing day out. Would never buy a car from this type of place.

CraigJ

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
we have just sold the TT to them. got what we wanted with no problems. don't lie on the site and they will have no reason to offer you a lower price.

Was happy with it and our lass's brother sold his Focus ST to them two week later.

skydivepaul

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
my brother sold his car to them last week.
they offered him £50 less than online which was fair enough as there was a few scratches on the car.
they also charge £49.00 admin fee
you wont get top price for your car but if you cant be arsed with ebay or auto trader then it is easy

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Ninehigh

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Should Cash Your Gold while you're at it

They seem to be the same kind of thing...

big-vee-twin

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I got my old car valued on their web site and then traded it in at the local car supermarket. They made me an offer lower than we buy any car so I told them and they matched it

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

sonic

posted on 2/4/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
They are part of Carcraft, Enough said!!!!!
scootz

posted on 2/4/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
My sis sold her car to them. They gave a price online... she made an appt to see them... they looked over her car... they gave her the cheque for the price quoted. Was all done and dusted in less than 24 hrs.

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 2/4/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
They are part of Carcraft, Enough said!!!!!

Ah, I wondered why they made my fists itch, pushy sods trying to get me to sign an agreement to purchase a vehicle because I asked to look inside it and can I have the keys, then having a fit because an hour later I told them as such...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.