Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: X Flow Piston
LittleAl

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
X Flow Piston

Hi I have just stripped down what I thought was my 1600 x flow. I have noticed some slight score/scratches going vertically down the bore of number 2. I have looked at the pistons with a view to a glaze bust and new rings and have noticed the following numbers stamped in. could any one confirm what these mean. It looks to me that they are 090 and the engine may have been bored out prior to me getting it? I have also put some pics of the bores and the damage. The scratches only look light and you can just feel them with your finger.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=04042011583.jpg

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=04042011584.jpg

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=28032011564.jpg

[Edited on 4/4/11 by LittleAl]

nib1980

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
yep, you got yourself a +90 thou engine there. 1698cc if i remember right.
02GF74

posted on 4/4/11 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
090 or 060 depending on which whay round you read it

60 tho is 1660 cc thereabouts.

time to get the vernier calipers out to be sure.

thunderace

posted on 4/4/11 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
+90 is the max you can rebore a xflow engine.
so if your barrel is scored and your losing compression you need a new block.(i would look at buying a engine as its as cheep as a block)

why did you strip the engine??????????????

MikeRJ

posted on 4/4/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
+90 is the max you can rebore a xflow engine.
so if your barrel is scored and your losing compression you need a new block.(i would look at buying a engine as its as cheep as a block)

Unless you fit liners. I bought an engine and a set of +90 pistons and was most upset to find the block had liners installed.

LittleAl

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Pistons

Thanks everyone. I only stripped the engine as it puffed a little blue smoke when you changed gears. Under load it was fine so put it down to valve stem seals. Then when i took off the head i saw the slight scoring ! in all honesty it looks a lot worse on the pics than in real. Yes i wasn't sure whether it was a six or a nine, i'll have to measure.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.