Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommendations for Powercommander / Rolling Road tuning shop ?
Tris

posted on 8/4/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Recommendations for Powercommander / Rolling Road tuning shop ?

As the title says, looking for any recommendations for places that offers power commander tuning with bike engines on a rolling road ?. Looking to get a couple of maps created (power/emissions) for my zx12 now that its finally up and working ok.

Based near Milton Keynes, and so far ive been told of Northampton Motorsport and Powertec - is there any more that i could consider ?

Also, could anyone give me an idea as to the going rate ?

Cheers
Tris

BobM

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:13 AM Reply With Quote
PDQ at Slough have quite a good reputation, I've been there and Nick there knows his stuff and is very personable.

I was going to go to Hamish at HLM in Bromsgrove last Saturday but broke my engine testing at Llandow on Friday. Austen (MK9R on here) went there Saturday and seemed happy enough. I think Hamish runs a GSXR powered Jedi hill climb car.

I think I paid about £140 at PDQ, the estimate was about £100 at HLM but I think Austen paid more as his car was on the rollers for 3 hours.

Not very Locost but very BEC

karlak

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Tris,

I have no personal experience of them, but there is a place just north of MK

http://www.rollingroadtuning.co.uk/

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

jase380

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Daytuner at harrogate mapped my zx10r for me, really knows his stuff ( mnr are just up the road and he does a lot of work for them ). cost me 250 quid in may last year, that was just for the mapping, i had the powercommander on the car already. was well worth it though as it gave the engine more power, torque and got the fuel economy up quite a bit too.http://www.daytuner.co.uk/
Car was on the rollers just short of 3 hrs

[Edited on 9/4/11 by jase380]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.