Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie just saying hi!
donut

posted on 4/9/02 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Newbie just saying hi!

HI

I am new to this forum and new to kit car building in general so i expect i will be back MANY times!

I have yet to order my kit but will be doing so in a few weeks. A friend just up the road will hopefully be purchasing the GT1 so we can build together.

Any pre purchasing advice would be greatful. I intend on using sierra running gear with the pinto lump.

Cheers

Andy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 4/9/02 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi n welcome.........

Blade

posted on 4/9/02 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome donut.

Theres no advice I can offer you really except to start hunting for your donor vehicle because the completion time is rapidly reducing.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 4/9/02 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all

What do you mean by the completion time is rapidly reducing?

One thing i don't want/can't have is a rotton old Sierra sitting on my drive so i intend having a good few trips down the brakers and buying stuff from companies ready sorted. There is always the part you need out there somewhere. Look at classic cars!

Good to be here

Andy

bob

posted on 4/9/02 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy

Another southern builder,well done

donut

posted on 5/9/02 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ooh ooh ooh where in the south are you Bob?

I'm near Croydon in Surrey. I thought i was the only one down here. We are hopefully going up to the factory the Sat after Donnington. I can't make Donnington which is a real blow so a factory trip is the only way i can test and buy (if it's ok!) the car.

Andy

bob

posted on 5/9/02 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ooh ooh ooh where in the south are you Bob?

Hi Andy

I'm in ashford/sunbury near Heathrow,lots of locost builders around you.
Not sure about indy builders in that area though.
You'll enjoy it at the factory

donut

posted on 5/9/02 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Is there a club down hear i could join? Also would they accept 'Indy' cars?

Andy

James

posted on 5/9/02 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy,

Look out for the 'Healthy Eating' posts in 'Clubs and Events' on this site which is a meeting of the West London Boyz, the Guildford Massive and the Horsham Krew!

We usually hangout in The Conrod Kids favourite hangout, a greasy spoon in Ruislip but we've been known to (go for a bit of tagging ) at Box Hill aswell. It's usually a couple of times a month.
I think that Dazza is our mascot!

Most of us are going to Donnington (14th and 15th of this month) which I'd highly recommend to you (especially as it's the last one this year). We'll be meeting up somewhere there (probably with The Northern Posse)- look out for the Donnington posts in 'Clubs and Events'.

Good Luck with the build HomeBoy- check dis.

James

paulbeyer

posted on 5/9/02 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Jimbo,

You been on the funny stuff again?

donut

posted on 6/9/02 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Wow Box Hill, i know it VERY well. Spent most of my youth racing arround there in mini's.

Can't do Donnington (poo!) Have other comittments but will make other shows i'm sure.

Andy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.