Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Toad alarm vs GOLF GTI
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 11/4/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Toad alarm vs GOLF GTI

My GOLF GTI getting there but still requires some tlc.

Its got a misfire at 3.5 k revs ........ P reg 2 litre petrol.

Its got a toad alarm that got hacked into the loom and thats had issues recently.

Car cuts out sometimes for no reason at all the works fine for ages.

It had a wash in dirty swamp water when the x got swamped whilst parked in a layby (another thread sometime)

How deep the flood was I still dont know but the interior was soaked.

The car was able to be started after this once the battery box was filled up with electricity.

It runs great then for no reason it gives grief.

Looking for a toad wiring diagram to remove the ignition circuit retaining the rest of the function like the electric locking ect.

Ideas lads

I like the red rocket despite its recent history and want it to get better

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
I was told by a garage that the fuse boxes on the earlier golfs were prone to corrosion and bad connectors. Sure enough when we looked a friends one that was running rough it was a right mess and had a lot of black wire corrosion, which my beetles always seem to suffer.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
as above. the fuse boxes do have a tendancy of going bad.

i ended up pulling the loom out and starting again with a good second hand loom and rear light cluster and fuse box. cost about (£50) but solved the issues.

ohh and clean out leaves from the vent under teh windscreen to stop water getting in when it rains. (i know your water damage was from other ways but they are a pain for leaking through the bulk head)

good luck

dave j

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iain b

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
just removed my toad alarm for the same reason .car ran for two years no problem then this year started cutting out for no reason.after lots of fault finding turns out to be the cause.now need to find new one as ...mr insurance man will not be happy...sorry do not have wiring pics as someone removed mine for me ...and it was on a cobra replica
Mr Whippy

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'd a strange thing happen with my nissan in that it continually kept blowing the rear light bulb, couldn't understand why it was happening to just the rear tail lights when it surely must be 12-13v supply. Turned out to be the beeping thing for the tow bar wiring, somehow it was feeding back more than 12v and buring the bulbs out. Weird

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

big_wasa

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
What model ?

I did have the diagram to the laser key model floating around somwhere.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.