Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt setting up advice please
The Modfather

posted on 14/4/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt setting up advice please

Now the engine is alive, I need to set up the megajolt lite. The jolt is wired in and I am yet to connect it to the laptop. The engine seems to be a bit bogged down on pick up. I replaced the original bike jets for 1.6's (had 1.375 and 1.4) as this seems to be a general middle of the road starting point for most bike carb users.

I have not yet driven the car (no brake fluid, insurance etc) so cannot tell how it pulls.

How did anyone else start with their MJ in setting it up? I have the links to the instructions on how set it up but it is a bit confusing for me and it just seems like it wasn't written for first time users.

If anyone can advise me, or if there is anyone who would like to pop down I'll even pay your petrol!

Best regards

Daz

coozer

posted on 14/4/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure the carbs are set up, balanced, TPS is set up and the air bleed is blocked

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

r1_pete

posted on 15/4/11 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
What engine / carb configuration are you using, someone may well have a map for a similar setup, you'll need to minor tweak anything but its better than starting from scratch.

There is also a map library on autosport labs.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Modfather

posted on 15/4/11 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry should have said!

I have the 1.8 silvertop with 2.0 cams. 1-4PSI Facet, megajolt and ZX6R carbs. I had a look through the maps on Autosports web site but nothing for the 1.8. It will be going on the rolling road, but I need to get it MOT'd etc before it goes there, so I need to pass the emissions.

Many thanks

Daz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.