Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear panel....
Findlay234

posted on 14/7/04 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Rear panel....

Right guys what are you opinions on the luego rear panel (those of you who've bought one) worth it or should i just tap one out of ali? Is the fibreglass one heavy?

Ditto with the GRP bonnet they make.......

cheers

[Edited on 14/7/04 by Findlay234]

wicket

posted on 14/7/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
We have fiitted one, it needed a bit of fettling to get it to fit nicely but it looks fine now its on. Did'nt weigh it but I guess its a bit heavier than al.al.

In the process of fitting the bonnet, same applies needing a bit of fettling to get it to fit nicely on the nosecone/scuttle.

[Edited on 14/7/04 by wicket]

Browser

posted on 16/7/04 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is an older one and I think they have changed GRP suppliers since then. It looks like it might need some fettling and for some reason it has a seam or mould line running diagonally down each side about 4 inches back from their respective front edges. This will probably be covered by the wheelarches bu I may end up using ali sheet anyway.

wicket

posted on 16/7/04 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Browser

My rear panels is lke that as well, picked mine up before they moved the head quarters into Peterborough (Feb2002), but the rear wings do cover that mould line.

Gazza

posted on 15/8/04 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Rear Panel - beaten!

I also had an "early" rear fibreglass panel which was not very good quality and had flash lines down both sides - it also didn't fit too well (ie, it cracked even after several hours of fettling) - I ditched it and bought a new one from Luego - fits soo much better...

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.