Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MR 2's racing at Brands
austin man

posted on 17/4/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
MR 2's racing at Brands

Was at Brands Hatch to day and witnessed a horrific accident resulting in one of the cars hitting the Armco and leaving the floor an clearing the perimeter fence marshall had to duck behind the tyrea sn a family with small children werent far off as the car car flew past the grandstand. Air ambulance called to the scene. Couldnt stay to long hope the driver is okay> does anyone else know the outcome

Have taken some pictures but wont be posting until I know the driver is okay

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

flibble

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Erm, any chance of saying what colour the car was, two of my friends were racing there today
1 is mostly satin black, the other I think is satin black with lime green nose.

[Edited on 17-4-11 by flibble]

eddie99

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
What corner and oh dear, hope the people involved are ok! Did any racing continue afterwards?

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
austin man

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Car numbers 1 and 55. 55 had the big impact number ones impact was bad enought

[Edited on 17/4/11 by austin man]

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
What corner and oh dear, hope the people involved are ok! Did any racing continue afterwards?

we left after 3 I dont know if they did any more racing the armco had to be replaced the air ambulance was still there on our departure at around 3.30. we had 185 miles to drive so didnt hang around as we couldnt see that racing could resume

DRC INDY 7

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it was a scene that i did not want to see one of the cars was red with number 1 on and the other was black un sure of the number
The red car stayed on the track and the black car ended up on its roof have gone airborne after leaving the track this all happen from the start /finnish line and just before the 1st corner at the grandstand

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

eddie99

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thread on pistonheads:

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=198&t=991023&mid=0&i=20&nmt=MR2+Championship+this+weekend%2E%2E%2E+anyone+else+on+h ere%3F&mid=0

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
eccsmk

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i was there too very nasty accident for car 55
top work by the paramedics

DRC INDY 7

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
As posted above it was car no 55 B Andrei Bgatov wish him a speedy recovery

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

austin man

posted on 17/4/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
this is how close the spectators where to the carnage

Description
Description

austin man

posted on 17/4/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
does anyone know if both drivers are okay ??

carpmart

posted on 18/4/11 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GoSaC05V3Q

Horrific!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

steveiow

posted on 18/4/11 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
We were all sat watching in that grandstand about half a dozen rows up. Very scary indeed. Not sure on drivers outcomes but Bgatov was eventually released from the car conscious.

Racing did indeed continue, albeit after a long delay and the locosts were cut from 18 to 13 mins plus a lap.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

DRC INDY 7

posted on 18/4/11 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Just got this from the you tube site

@bradk12fan the one in the black car got a minor concussion and a broken legs between i was with the guy in the number 84 mr2 most of the day so i got most of the info

Neville Jones

posted on 18/4/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I was about six rows up at the end of the stand nearest the gate, and this happened but feet from me.

I was watching the black car, and completely missed the red car barrelling along the fence. That marshals hut at the top of Paddock had a lucky escape, along with the handful of people who were in the trajectory of that black car as it went over the gate, demolished a catch fence, then carried on into the bales and was only stopped because of the fence behind the bales, at the top of the hill down into the paddock.

And yes, there was a family with youngsters in the bottom corner seats of the stand. Thankfully, the cars got nowhere near them.

Fairly shaking, all told.

After the accident, there was largish gravel up in the second row of seats, from about half way along the stand.

Full credit has to go to the marshals and medical team, as a blue suited medic was on his back into the upturned black car within a minute or so.

Both drivers are reported to be OK, and the driver of the black car is said to have a severe concussion and possible broken bones. He was upside down in the car for, what seemed like, a very long time.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 18/4/11 by Neville Jones]

austin man

posted on 18/4/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
more pics

sorry about the quality, I was frantically trying to turn on the camera and get the cars in focus

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

norfolkluego

posted on 18/4/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Can't remember the last time I saw such a dangerous looking accident (actually I do, it was a Brands last year when a WTCC car also cleared the fence), latest post I saw on PH was that driver of black car is stable in hospital, lucky lucky guy..
Think I might buy a caged MR2, looks like it's almost impossible to kill yourself in one

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.