Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LED indicator confirmation please
jabbahutt

posted on 18/4/11 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
LED indicator confirmation please

Morning all

Hope the weekend was good for you all and those able to get out and enjoy their cars in the nice weather did. Quick question which I'd appreciate confirmation to please. I've seen a set of front indicators for my car which I really like the look of, the problem being they're only available in LED. Would I be correct that as the rest of the indicators on the car are conventional bulb if I only swap the front ones to LED the flash rate etc will still be okay and I won't have to muck about with relays etc?

If anyone with more leectrical knowledge than me could confirm I'm correct I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
Nigel

mad-butcher

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Morning Nigel
yep good run to work at 1 am sunday morning, even better run home sunday at 9am loads of bikes for company, apart from some boy racer who though he could keep up with me at 70+ going round that sweeping bend at J5 found himself on hard shoulder facing wrong way, not sure about indicators but I run high power led side lights on my pajero and don't have an issue with mixing led's and normal bulbs,

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bbwales

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Nigel,

I think you will find that the flash rate will be increased by adding the LED indicators, there are 2 ways around this, first change the relay to an electronic type which does not use wattage to get the correct flash rate or secondly put in a resistor to increase the resistance of the new light, these are available off the shelf from some light suppliers.

Regards

Bob

adithorp

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
If you swap the fronts for LEDs then you'll need an electronic flasher unit. You'll be reducing the current load too much (almost 1/2 depending on the wattageof your front lights now) and the flash rate will increase (double).

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jabbahutt

posted on 18/4/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the information, clarity as always can be gained from locostbuilders!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.