Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pitbikes
andrew-theasby

posted on 28/4/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Pitbikes

Hi, has anyone got a pitbike (for sale or not) Were looking at getting a couple of demon x 140 or 160cc bikes, but having never riden one dont know whether to go for the larger frame xlr or not, and also whether to spend the extra to get the 160cc when you can race 140s in standard trim whereas 160s are allowed to be modified. Any comments welcome thanks.

[img]http://www.mypurerush.com/images/product/small/Pit%20Bike%20Black%20Demon%20DX160cc%[/img]

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/4/11 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
codes wrong, http address needs to end in a .JPG etc

[Edited on 28/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dangle_kt

posted on 28/4/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Ive been into minibikes for years.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

160 engines are very weak, if you want big BHP for the modifieds get a z155 or a daytona (both £££).

Personally I'd get a 140 and run in the stock class - otherwie its just down to who has the most money.

I've just sold a stomp motard 140 - was nice, but don't get mag wheels, they weigh a TON.

If its just for track days then I'd suggest a 140 with a z40 cam/port/polish/HC piston/skim and just have some fun - it wont be too highly strung if you take it steady with the mods, or too expensive if it goes pop.

If you are buying consider a demonx proline D link (dont get the standard D link the suspension isn't adjustable)

When you get the bike, locktite everything, replace all the cheap bolts with stainless, get some PMT slicks and Wets (£120 a set but WELL worth it), change the oil (the stuff they use is utter cr@p), change the fork oil.

The rest is just fitting the SM stuff (wheels/bobbins/hanguards)

Its great cheap fun, and you get a good buzz ringing the neck out of a bike rather than not getting near the limits on most of the modern supersports.

whats you local track?

How tall are you? depends on that depends on the size of the bike you need.

Personally if I was racing I'd go for a mid size rather a mini

[Edited on 28/4/11 by Dangle_kt]

andrew-theasby

posted on 28/4/11 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks, in the mean time since posting this we found what i think is a bargain, and ive bought it but my mate is still after one. Its a Superstomp (which i think is the larger sized frame) 150 with a yx engine and im sure it has a 4 valve head. Its a few years old and certainly not imacculate, but runs and starts really well. It needs a new rear brake caliper and master cylinder and ive since found the rear shock needs filling. It was very local and i gave £240 for it. Dont think that will be too bad for me to learn on. My mates still thinking of a new one like a demon x so ill pass on your advice, thanks.
Couple of questions tho,

should the crank sprocket float on the crankshaft? Mine does but i cant see anything wrong as if its meant to be like that.

What grade oil should i run and is the gearbox and engine oil all in one?

were planning on using them off road (we have blata elites for the track ) will they break from doing jumps or are they pretty tough

Thanks

[Edited on 28/4/11 by andrew-theasby]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.