Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Is Donington still hot on noise limits??
MK9R

posted on 4/5/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Is Donington still hot on noise limits??

Has anyone been since it reopened?? I was chucked of a couple of years ago as my car was too loud on driveby, just wondered if they were as hot on it now??

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 4/5/11 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Dont know, but the only place I have been asked can we try that noise test again when the Aircraft isnt coming in to land !!

Bizare or what !!

Regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 4/5/11 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

JonnyS

posted on 4/5/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they're as bad/worse than they were before. I could only use 9500rpm on the straight a few months ago, though we have repacked the exhaust since as there wasn't much wadding left.

They were good about it and gave me two warnings. The meter is on the left hand side on the start/finish straight near the gantry.

MK9R

posted on 4/5/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyS

They were good about it and gave me two warnings. The meter is on the left hand side on the start/finish straight near the gantry.

There are 2 more i'm afraid!! When i was kicked off i was given warnings so slowed down past the gantry, but after a couple of sessions they came back over and said "you were below the limit at the gantry but busted the limits at the other 2 spot, nice try though"

Anyways, i'm booking a no noise limit test day in june

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JonnyS

posted on 4/5/11 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think the problem was that each lap I was passing something on the straight and so was closer to that side than I should have been Probably in the right place (read further away...) for the others!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.