Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just been to the Tescos...
coozer

posted on 8/5/11 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just been to the Tescos...

and was astounded at the price increase on our everday items....

Coke.. 47p last week, 55p this week.. 20%

12 cans fosters £12, last week and for ages before hand 15 for a tenner.. a con..

Dog chews, 72p last week 92p this week.. 25%??

JD.. £29/l eye water price.. this week £32! 10%!

Favourite yoghurt.. 35p last week 39p this week.. 11%!!

Whole bill up from about £65 to £82

Goes round the Aldi.. veg cheaper, yoghurts, milk, beer, whisky, crisps etc etc.. even the bloody photo paper after we thought it was a bargain in Tescos..

My income aint going up this fast.. and theres tax and insurance for the cars to come yet!

Who's to blame I wonder

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

vinny1275

posted on 8/5/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Who's to blame? The rise in oil prices mainly, then the rises in wheat, cotton and all the other raw materials.....

norfolkluego

posted on 8/5/11 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
Who's to blame? The rise in oil prices mainly, then the rises in wheat, cotton and all the other raw materials.....

I'll believe that's responsible for some of the price rises but not all of them, definite whiff of profiteering in the air

macc man

posted on 8/5/11 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
We uas ALDI most of the time. Veg lasts longer than other supermarkets. Probably not travelled as far. Also great for DIY bits.
Cant see a reason to pay far more for top branded goods when they are no better imho.

Moorron

posted on 8/5/11 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
there all at it, Making as much as they can and knowing long term the damage it will do.

Ive been doing the shopping in Asda after letting her do it for the last 10 years and i was amazed at how they try to rip you off with 'offers'. They advertise some products as roll back and then if you look at it closely you see its rolled back to a higher price not a lower one, technically they arnt lying but its a way of fooling the easily fooled and making money from it.

One of their tricks it stick a product on the end of a line, plaster it with stickers and hoping no one will check it and take the lot, when its no cheaper and has most likely gone up and they just have surplus stock to move.

Ive always prompted her to buy in bulk on things that dont go off like toilet roll and such, but after going there myself you can see they know this and its cheaper to buy the same amount but in individual packs =

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

dinosaurjuice

posted on 8/5/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
i tend to do my shopping daily and just buy whatevers going cheap. not easy for a family but works ok being on my own
Ninehigh

posted on 8/5/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275

I've been taking that as a starting point for blame for years...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.