Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: booking another IVA test
locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
booking another IVA test

Hi Guys,

Since my test was abandoned and I have to pay the £450 again I was wondering if I could just go to another station.

Mitcham are all booked up until at least mid June so I thought about trying another station.

Has anyone done this before? They said they could fax the details over to another station but I'd have to make the payment to Mitcham first. I can just see it going a bit wrong but would like to get the test done ASAP really.

franky

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locostbuyer83
Hi Guys,

Since my test was abandoned and I have to pay the £450 again I was wondering if I could just go to another station.

Mitcham are all booked up until at least mid June so I thought about trying another station.

Has anyone done this before? They said they could fax the details over to another station but I'd have to make the payment to Mitcham first. I can just see it going a bit wrong but would like to get the test done ASAP really.

Is there no way around the £450 test fee? Surely the tester could have just said it failed?

I'm using Notts and they've been great as I had to cancel my first test due to an engine failure, the tester gave me a direct contact number and i've just re-booked for early june(a date I requested).

Would notts be too far?

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Blimey that sounds better.. No they are not budging on the price. The tester is away "In June, but not all of June" I've been told but not sure what that means.

Thinking of just re-applying and starting again since the wait is so long.

I'm Based in Eastbourne in East Sussex.

40inches

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Blimey that sounds better.. No they are not budging on the price. The tester is away "In June, but not all of June" I've been told but not sure what that means.

Thinking of just re-applying and starting again since the wait is so long.

I'm Based in Eastbourne in East Sussex.

You basically are starting again you don't have a fail certificate, so anything that was tested hasn't been logged.

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah just need to work out he quickest way to get a new test. I can't believe it takes so long to get a test.. surely it can't be that popular.

Think I'll try calling Gillingham and Southampton. Does anyone know their direct numbers?

StuartBJ

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeah just need to work out he quickest way to get a new test. I can't believe it takes so long to get a test.. surely it can't be that popular.

Think I'll try calling Gillingham and Southampton. Does anyone know their direct numbers?

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY......DON`T GO TO GILLINGHAM.

I`ve heard some real horror stories. It`s my closest (25 miles away) and my family are close to there.....and I will still be going somewhere else.

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuartBJ
quote:

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY......DON`T GO TO GILLINGHAM.

I`ve heard some real horror stories. It`s my closest (25 miles away) and my family are close to there.....and I will still be going somewhere else.

I think it all depends on the tester that you get. It appears they can move about which really doesn't help.

Macbeast

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
And I failed at Gillingham, but the tester was really nice, laid back and extremely fair.
He also said I had passed the attitude test

He liked the fact I had read the IVA manual and wasn't depending on information from some guy in the pub .

I go back there for retest on Tuesday.

[Edited on 13/5/11 by Macbeast]

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
And I failed at Gillingham, but the tester was really nice, laid back and extremely fair.
He also said I had passed the attitude test
I go back there for retest on Tuesday.

Did you have to wait long for your test? I had to wait about 5 weeks at mitcham

Macbeast

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
First test ( in December so probably not busy ) I had to wait about 3 weeks. Retest arranged in two.

Don't forget they don't just do IVA on kit cars, they test every kind of vehicle from Scammel recovery trucks down so the wait is not just due to masses of kit cars turning up.

[Edited on 13/5/11 by Macbeast]

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm half tempted to give up with the IVA and use the car on the track. I've paid about £450 for insurance (which I cant use atm) and have to pay another £450 to the govenment now. Its so frustrating.
franky

posted on 13/5/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
you're nearly there. What about putting it on a trailer and taking it further away for a quicker test date?

Don't throw the towel in, it could be worse........ you're engine could go pop 4 days before your test

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
you're nearly there. What about putting it on a trailer and taking it further away for a quicker test date?

Don't throw the towel in, it could be worse........ you're engine could go pop 4 days before your test

Yeah I can trailer it anywhere. It just annoys me that all they are interested in is taking your money. They asked for the money before they would give me a test date. All I wanted to know was what was available so I can organise a van and day off etc.

Promai Joe

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Lowcost,

I feel your pain! Mitchem failed mine in April and I had to wait till today for the retest. Apparently it is because they only do IVA on Monday and Fridays and I had the bank holidays and some posh blokes wedding getting in the way. Keep with it, I had excellent fun driving back with a little sideway action to boot!

locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Promai Joe
Hi Lowcost,

I feel your pain! Mitchem failed mine in April and I had to wait till today for the retest. Apparently it is because they only do IVA on Monday and Fridays and I had the bank holidays and some posh blokes wedding getting in the way. Keep with it, I had excellent fun driving back with a little sideway action to boot!

Mine was on a Tuesday at Mitcham. What does that tell you?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.