Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Side repeater in headlights
Davegtst

posted on 16/5/11 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Side repeater in headlights

Has anyone one passed the IVA with side repeaters in the side of the headlights yet? Whats lamps did you use? I'm wiring mine up at atm and don't want to put them on the cycle wings. I would prefer them on the side of the body but as this isn't allowed the next best place for me is on the lamps themselves.
snapper

posted on 17/5/11 at 04:29 AM Reply With Quote
GavinC has done this, also had side repeaters on the body
You might also look at the side repeaters in mirrors but I believe there can be a problem with seeing repeaters in mirrors from the rear.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

gavin174

posted on 17/5/11 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.. I passed IVA with side repeaters in headlight bowls

They are standard chrome 7" headlights with led side repeaters from bolt on bits on ebay.

I also have led indicators on the scuttle but was told these were not needed as the ones in headlight passed

I was also told that I didn't need tell tale on indicators as you can see both side repeaters from drivers seat

There are a couple of pics in my archive. If I can be anymore help please let me know

Cheers Gavin

[Edited on 17/5/11 by gavin174]

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

Promai Joe

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
All I would say is that providing someone before you has passed at that test centre with the same tester than you can guarentee the solution. see my thread on side repeaters.

side repeater thread

I initally had them on the underside of the mirrors - no good. then the arches, but these had to be moved on the retest.

If you get the stick on ones and run the wiring in the trim they can fall off when you have passed and no damage to your front wings. If you put them on the headlamps you may fall foul of the angles of visibility especially from the rear if your seven has a fat bum like my Dax.

Good luck

Davegtst

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone. I was looking at the ones from bolt on bits, i'll get a pair and see what they look like.
issunaz

posted on 21/5/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
A guy building a Robin Hood Zero (dinger) fitted mini digger headlights with indicators built in

He had a problem at IVA in the 2 front indicators were visable, so he had to blank off the forward portion of the lens to satisfy the inspector.

Martin

[Edited on 21/5/11 by issunaz]

[Edited on 21/5/11 by issunaz]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.