Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: throttle bodies
ali f27

posted on 21/5/11 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
throttle bodies

Hi which works best on duratec injectors direct to head original position or injectors in bodies either way i have to blank 1 off just wondered if 1 worked better than the other cheers Ali
lsdweb

posted on 21/5/11 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Depending what ECU you have, you could run two sets - Get Dave Walker's engine management book if you haven't already!

Wyn

BaileyPerformance

posted on 21/5/11 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
We did some development work on a Hayabusa 08 motor with megasquirt and jenvey throttles, we found power went up with the injectors further away from the throttles, the conclusion was the fuel had more time to mix with air before it was drawn into the engine.
If i was you i would install your injectors in the positions further away from the engine

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
martyn_16v

posted on 21/5/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
It depends on the usage of the engine. Further away does improve the mix at high air flows, but when the flow drops at low rpm/part throttle the airspeed through the inlet ports slows to the point that the fuel will start dropping out of suspension and pooling on the inlet walls. Having the injectors firing more or less at the back of the inlet valves minimises this when you're just pootling around town, hence why most OEM setups have the injectors close to the head.

If it's a road car, then I'd keep them close to the head. As has been mentioned, you could have a staged dual injector setup if you wanted to get the best of both worlds.

HowardB

posted on 22/5/11 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
watching with interest as the staged two set route is one that I want to try,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Volvorsport

posted on 22/5/11 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt can run staged injectors .......

as mentioned above , F1 cars have the injectors placed as far away as possible to allow mixing time .

i believe the cosworth duratec setup with roller barrels , have the injectors close ish , and thats good for 300 bhp .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.