Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pictures of 'IVA'ed' Break Bias bar ?
Tris

posted on 22/5/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Pictures of 'IVA'ed' Break Bias bar ?

Hello All,

Does anyone have a picture that they could share showing a break bias assembly thats been modified (and passed) a recent IVA test ?

Heard that split plins and locking wire can now be used instead of welding, so hoping to just drill / split pin the assembly.

Cheers and Thanks
Tris

big_wasa

posted on 22/5/11 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Its not that easy. You will find the accepted method varies from tester to tester.
loggyboy

posted on 22/5/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Lock wire shouldnt be a problem for IVA as it specfically mentions lock wire in the Manual, so cant see an tester arguing.
Thurbs

posted on 22/5/11 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I was told when i had my IVA at nottingham that a nyloc nut is ok as it's deemed good enough to hold things like suspension together so should be acceptable for bias bar.
May only be nottingham though as the rules seem to be interpretated differently in other test centres.
Mine passed with all visible thread removed drilled and pinned.

40inches

posted on 22/5/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
As said, drilled nut and lock wire is stipulated as acceptable in the manual, positive pass.

Hartnell

posted on 31/5/11 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Bias Bars & Sticker

Hi All,

I thought that I was nearly ready for IVA but I'm not sure now....Ref:- Bias Bar.....How cam this be checked/tested before going to IVA and I'm told that I will need a Bias bar sticker.....Whats that for? and Where does it go?

Andy

loggyboy

posted on 31/5/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I believe i've read just setting it phiscally 50/50 should be enough to pass, however a simple check when driving will soon reveal if its set way out.

The sticked needs to say that the bias bar should not be adjusted! http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=153204
Stupid really, but IVA put it there to ensure that people who arent knowedgable from adjusting it unsafely and killing themselves.

Promai Joe

posted on 2/6/11 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

Mine passed IVA on the 13th May, the first inspection was the 1st April. I did not have the sticker at this point. All he said was good and onto the next think. I would say mine is no where near locked down (only on one end) and in its current position there is plenty of adjustment. Anyway I suspect this is down to the inspector on the day. Good luck

I can do you stickers if you want, in various colours, send me a u2u if you want anything.

wicket

posted on 2/6/11 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Here's how I set mine.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=101587

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.