Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Passed my bike test!
StevieB

posted on 1/6/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Passed my bike test!

After what seemed like the longest process ever, I passed my Mod 2 test today

Now I can finally bin the L Plates, ride my Triumph Tiger on the roads and convert my DT125R to being a more enduro focused machine (and then sell it in a year or so to buy a Honda CR).

I know it's not really locost related in any way, but I'm just a bit pleased about it

MikeCapon

posted on 1/6/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Well done. Now you can start to learn to ride...

Treat every other road user as a homicidal maniac who wants to kill you and you will up your chances of avoiding the one that does.

All the best,

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aka_shortie

posted on 1/6/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations, passed mine last year, luv my Suzuki GSXR 600 k7
mads

posted on 1/6/11 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
congrats! glad to see another biker join the ranks

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

RichardK

posted on 1/6/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one mate, as you know my lad passed his about a couple of months ago and he's now got a kawasaki kle500 which has had the 33bhp kit fitted as he is restricted for a couple of years, bloody robbing sods, £200 for a couple of washers but apparently having his name on this register is the important bit, cant see how they'd know if we then took out them out, doubt they'd dyno it. You having to do the same?

Anyway enjoy mate

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robocog

posted on 1/6/11 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats - good feeling innit!

It's a year ago I did my mod 2 (on my CG125)
Now running a restricted GPZ500
(Richard- no certificate required - FI are a bunch of robbers- the onus is on the disputers to prove you are over 33hp IF they insist on proving otherwise...there is no legal wording REQUIRING a certificate- but FI are making out that one is required so they can line their pockets and charge that much for a piece of paper with a pair of repair washers - the law also is very vague as to where this output value is measured
The wording is "net power output" no further explaination of where that is measured)

My pre-made washers were £9 from the land of eBay and TBH I felt a bit dirty that I didn't make em myself...esp as I had the dimensions they should be already

One more year and I'll get that "bloody ell its quick " feeling when the restrictors come out and the power will be almost doubled in my case

Take it steady out there and enjoy the rest of the learning at a safe pace

(just ordered "a twist of the wrist II book" to read - seen the vid a while back - VERY cheesy but some good points in there - it cannot be any more dire that the police riders handbook im 3/4 of the way through...which is absolute tosh and am unsure if I'll make it to the last page)

Regards
Rob

[Edited on 1/6/11 by robocog]

[Edited on 1/6/11 by robocog]

StevieB

posted on 1/6/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, I'm straight in as direct access so I've been out on my Triumph Tiger 955i for an hour or so - it's a big old bus but it actually handles quite nicely, is very stable once moving and quite gentle in the way it delivers it's 104bhp at the rear wheel .

I've been driving for long enough to know that throttle works in both directions and I need to take my time in getting used to the performance properly before I try to exploit it (having a BEC Indy really taught me that lesson!).

I think net power means at the rear wheel. With that in mind, any bike with that output will still be fairly lively. I suppose the real danger is when you de-restrict it and remembering to not pin the throttle open where you might have before.

flak monkey

posted on 1/6/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Great Well done, great feeling isn't it?

Take it easy, bikes bite hard, and fast...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.