Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lotus Eleven replica by Triton / GTS?
Alez

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Lotus Eleven replica by Triton / GTS?

I have asked the seller about this car:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2862918.htm

He says it's a "Triton", apparently now with GTS, so I've tried to find it on the internet but I haven't succedeed. In fact, I thought that GTS Tuning used to manufacture a Seven type car and spares for kit cars but had gone out of business years ago. Any pointers?

Cheers,

Alex

scootz

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Linky

It's Evolution Baby!

eddie99

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
GTS are still in business and still sell the challenger kit which i believe it is.

http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning/challenger-33-c.asp

Might be worth emailing Darren about the car, i'll also ask him.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
stevebubs

posted on 3/6/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yep - it's the old demo car that did the show circuit a few years back. Originally fitted with Monoshock, it was bought as a project car and SVA'd by Simon Neill who ran it for a while (including at least 1 Le Mans trip) and I think also converted it to be fully independently sprung.
Triton

posted on 3/6/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Aye the mono shock was a bit pants I must admit and I always hated the bonnet because i could see over it to drive the damn thing......

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 4/6/11 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton I always hated the bonnet because i could see over it to drive the damn thing......

Is that because your a shortarse? Mel , another shortarse

Triton

posted on 4/6/11 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by Triton I always hated the bonnet because i could see over it to drive the damn thing......

Is that because your a shortarse? Mel , another shortarse

Indeed it is...

As for the daft monoshock, well I had a clever bloke look at it (Not from Kent by the way)and he said go for it but fit an ARB up front which I never did. When Simon took it out on track it kinda highlighted why that clever bloke said fit and ARB as the daft thing lifted the inside front wheel in corners...oooppsy nowt controlling body roll my bad

My excuse is/was if you don't try something new/daft you won't know if it works or not.

In a lot of ways I wish I had a spare 6k to buy it back and do the things I should have done the first time round but heyo

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 4/6/11 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Oh and it's far from a replica, it's a mix of 11 and 15 with extra bits thrown in to join the dots

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Alez

posted on 4/6/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Enlightening and useful as usual, many thanks each of you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.