Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Narrow hose clamps, where to find?
The Modfather

posted on 9/6/11 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Narrow hose clamps, where to find?

Hi everyone.

Can anyone give some advice on where I can get the narrow hose clamps for bike carbs please, or the correct term for them. I am using standard jubilees but they keep pulling off the mouths of the carbs and I'm fed up having to keep putting the darn things back on. I have spent all evening searching the net, but have drawn a blank.
I am using zx6r kawasaki carbs, think they are the J model, year 2000.

Many thanks

Daz

RichardK

posted on 9/6/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look here, maybe worth a read? Linky

But to answer your q I'd try and get some from a bike breaker off the inlet rubbers, that's what they are usually called. My rubbers were off a Honda Hornet 600 and were pretty thin if that helps.

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 9/6/11 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Modfather

posted on 9/6/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Rich. Someone else stated about making clamps, which TBH I don't really want to do. Also the joiners for these carbs bolt to the bike engine so they aren't any good for my application.
I might shorten the silicon hoses and see if that helps any, but I think the wide jubilee clips are squeezing the hoses off due to their width.

Daz

RichardK

posted on 9/6/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh maybe the rubbers wouldn't work but the clamps on them might be ok, got to get this right, last thing you want is a bay fire

Take it easy mate

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FASTdan

posted on 10/6/11 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
I sell the 9mm wide mikalor hose clips for bike carbs if they are any use to you?

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.