Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: problems with cheap fuel pressure regulators
will121

posted on 11/6/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
problems with cheap fuel pressure regulators

i had a cheap ebay fuel pressure regulator fitted, when i went to have it mapped at Emerald Dave saw it a mentioned that they see problems with them holding a consistant pressure , however mine was operating fine at the time holding 2.6bar and all mapped ok once mapped i removed the pressure gauge as didnt think it was good pratice to leave it fitted, i read in his pages of PPC again this month where he mentioned it again, so not wanting to wreck and engine for the sake of £65 went a brought a FSE one, fitted it today, started of by refitting the pressure gauge so i could see what old one set at to match it with new one, to my suprise pressure was down to 1.6bar, car's not been ran for 2 months and seemed to be fine last time out but now wonder what would have happened running that lean if i had'nt checked.

So may be periodically checking pressure if anyone has one also i was suprised how perrished the ends of the fuel pipes were after only being fitted for 18months so another thing worth checking

Antnicuk

posted on 11/6/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
was it checked at idle or just with the pump running?

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

BaileyPerformance

posted on 11/6/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
i had a cheap ebay fuel pressure regulator fitted, when i went to have it mapped at Emerald Dave saw it a mentioned that they see problems with them holding a consistant pressure , however mine was operating fine at the time holding 2.6bar and all mapped ok once mapped i removed the pressure gauge as didnt think it was good pratice to leave it fitted, i read in his pages of PPC again this month where he mentioned it again, so not wanting to wreck and engine for the sake of £65 went a brought a FSE one, fitted it today, started of by refitting the pressure gauge so i could see what old one set at to match it with new one, to my suprise pressure was down to 1.6bar, car's not been ran for 2 months and seemed to be fine last time out but now wonder what would have happened running that lean if i had'nt checked.

So may be periodically checking pressure if anyone has one also i was suprised how perrished the ends of the fuel pipes were after only being fitted for 18months so another thing worth checking

The cheap ebay FPR operate OK but often fail, the failure mod been a hole in the diaphragm releasing fuel out the vac port. At best flooding the engine, at worst setting fire to the car!!!

The FSE regs do not suffer from that problem, but are poor really as when the pressure is set they often drift with time or with a sharp knock. By far the best reg i have come across is a standard cosworth YB, bomb proof.
Weber alpha make a new version of the reg that was used on the cosworth, available in 3.0,4.0,4.5 and adjustable versions.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 11/6/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
was it checked at idle or just with the pump running?

i checked it with just the pump running

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.