Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Steering Column Assembly/Paddle Shift
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 28/6/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Steering Column Assembly/Paddle Shift

Does anybody have any experience of the MNR Paddleshift kits or Lever shift kits listed on this page?

http://www.mnrltd.co.uk/index2.html

Also does anybody have any pictures of the parts you get or the systems installed?

Currently I just have a Sierra steering column and need to fit a gearshift but I'm open to either Paddle or Lever. I'm just wondering what the MNR items are like as they do a complete kit with modified column, paddle shift and all the linkage bits and generally their cars are quite nicely made.

I quite fancy buying the whole lot as a package and fitting it into my car as I'm struggling for time at the moment to design and then have bespoke parts made.

Also on the 'MNR steering Column' what style is the connector on the lower end? I assume its not a Triangular Bar like a sierra?

edit: Just realised that I should have stuck this in the MNR section. Damn and Blast.

Cheers ears.

[Edited on 28/6/11 by Doctor Derek Doctors]

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Davey D

posted on 28/6/11 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
i have the MNR paddle shift on my MNR.

The supplied parts were:

modified steering column with alu end boss to mount the paddle shift to

1x Paddle shift centre pivot with rose joints

2x paddles that bolt onto the centre pivot

1x gear change cable

Ive seen several different designs of paddles on MNR's, but the design i was supplied was absolutely crap, and bent out of shape due to the poor design. It was the typical crescet/kidney shape, but with all the middle cut out making it very weak.

Also the powder coating on the paddles and centre pivot started to flake off all over the place where there was rust forming underneath after about a year. Poor surface preparation?

in the end i went to one of my local profilers, and got a new centre pivot lasered out of stainless to the same design of the original, and the paddles laseres out of Aluminium, but to a better design that doesnt bend.

bassett

posted on 28/6/11 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was like above i just remade the paddle to not have stupid holes to allow it to bend. other than that ive been happy as its pretty simple to put together and works fine after 2yrs plus

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.