Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dash blank wanted
RK

posted on 2/7/11 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
dash blank wanted

to canada. grp is fine. anyone got one they want rid of?

thanks...

James

posted on 2/7/11 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
If you're not bothered what you're getting...

I made mine from a piece of 1.2mm ali. Paper template with a lot of time spent arranging the clocks so they'd fit behind the wheel etc. etc.

I then covered it in vinyl.

The key (if you have IVA- I know you dont) is to roll the bottom edge to the 19mm radius (I think I used a fat broom handle) This helps you or your passenger from cutting into the tops of your legs in a crash.

1.2mm is a bit thin and it does flex more than I'd like... but you can re-inforce along the back of it if necessary.

I made the mistake of not roughening the ali before gluing the vinyl. It's important to 'key' the ali to give the vinyl adhesive a chance!

HTH,
JAmes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

scoop

posted on 2/7/11 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi. Try Julian at Aerodynamix. He is a very helpfull guy. Does some nice stuff in GRP and Carbon.
www.aerodynamix.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.