Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1800 Zetec engine - Testing the water
Raymond Y

posted on 10/7/11 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
1800 Zetec engine - Testing the water

Hi, having upgraded my Westfield to a 2.0 Zetec Blacktop at the end of last year, I now have an engine sitting in the corner of the garage and I am unsure what it is worth.

The engine is an 1800 Zetec Silvertop on twin Weber DCOE 40s and Alpha 3d ignition. The engine was a Ford factory supplied remanufactured engine (was like a new engine) supplied by Westfield in 2004. I have a letter from Westfield confirming this and that the engine was originally manufactured between 1992 and 1994. The DCOE 40s and Alpha 3d ignition system were new in 2004. The engine produced 147 Bhp and 130 lb ft of torque when set up on on the rolling road at Northampton Motorsport in 2005 (graphs available). Engine has never missed a beat or burnt any oil in the 8500 miles it covered between 2004 and 2010 when I removed it. The engine does not include a clutch, a thermostat housing, a water temp sensor, an airtemp sensor, an alternator or a starter motor, as I needed these for my new engine. But I do have available for inclusion a fuel pump, a fuel pressure regulator, a coil pack and an alternator mounting bracket.

I have posted the above on the Westfield site to get some advice on what a fair price might be, but I am still none the wiser. What is it worth to someone, rather than it sitting in the corner of my garage as a "spare" I will never use?

Raymond

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

tomgregory2000

posted on 10/7/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
£500-600 all in

I sold my c20xe with twin dellortos and mbe ignition and recon type 9 and exhaust and all bits for £1100

austin man

posted on 10/7/11 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
the value may be higher if the engine is an early one that doesn't require a cat

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.